Introducing the new look TOTM!

tomhugill
Captain

Introducing the new look TOTM!

Post by tomhugill »

Ahoy folks,

I will be your TOTM admin going forward, something I am looking forward to! As Herman mentioned earlier we have made simplified the rules and tried to remove some of the more contentious ones.

So without further ado let me present you the rules

- Any AFV (includes wheeled, half, and suchlike). In the spirit of the site it should be radio controlled
- Any background (but NO photoshop)
- Any crew and riders.
- Must be owned or have been owned by the entrant i.e. no entering someone elses tank picture on their behalf.
- It can be painted by anyone, and built by anyone, HOWEVER:
- Credit MUST be given to any third party for building or paint not done by the owner.
- No AFV's that are for sale (this must not be a gallery showcase for selling tanks)
- Last month winner excluded
- Site admin are able to enter (but as I wish to avoid conflict of interest I won't be).
- Still photos only, no videos. Maximum 5 pictures.

Hopefully this gives enough flexibility for every one to enter what they want to.

I shall open the competition for entries on the first of the month for 7 days or till I deem we have enough entires.

Then there will be a 1 week voting period after which a winner shall be announced.

Winners shall go into a stickied Winners thread.

Clear as mud? Happy building!
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Introducing the new look TOTM!

Post by tomhugill »

Example entry format:

Asiatam/Ludwig Porsche tiger:

Builder: Panzer3
Painter: Panzer3
Owner: Tomhugill

Last edited by tomhugill on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Glad to see you taking this over, Tom. I'll be watching with interest. I do, however, I think you should allow videos but limit the time. Say, No video over 2 minutes. I mean, part of the idea behind an RC tank is that it runs. So let's see them run. To me, it doesn't really matter how good a tank looks if it doesn't run well. The best-looking RC tank in the world that runs like crap is just a shelf Queen. A lot of really good work gets done concerning suspension, sound, and additional features, like Servo operated machine guns and tank Commanders. I really think guys should be allowed to show this off.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Max-U52 wrote:Glad to see you taking this over, Tom. I'll be watching with interest. I do, however, I think you should allow videos but limit the time. Say, No video over 2 minutes. I mean, part of the idea behind an RC tank is that it runs. So let's see them run. To me, it doesn't really matter how good a tank looks if it doesn't run well. The best-looking RC tank in the world that runs like crap is just a shelf Queen. A lot of really good work gets done concerning suspension, sound, and additional features, like Servo operated machine guns and tank Commanders. I really think guys should be allowed to show this off.
I totally agree Mr 52, and at this stage, the video's are most welcome and encouraged in the show off, or indeed any other section outside of AFVOTM.
This will be reviewed as time goes on, but for now, still shots only.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Tank of the Month”