My Panther G Build

silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: My Panther G Build

Post by silversurfer1947 »

c.rainford73 wrote:Mr Silversurfer where did you find those lovely ammo belts for the MG?
They came from here http://shop.afvmodeller.com/customer/home.php?cat=387

If you scroll down, you will find them. Fascinating in that they are resin, but the belts are very flexible.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

silversurfer1947 wrote:
c.rainford73 wrote:Mr Silversurfer where did you find those lovely ammo belts for the MG?
They came from here http://shop.afvmodeller.com/customer/home.php?cat=387

If you scroll down, you will find them. Fascinating in that they are resin, but the belts are very flexible.
Thank you so much! Hope you're making progress with the sprockets. Where are the stock sprockets that came from the kit? Maybe run them until the replacements arrive... Unless you don't have themImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

The stock sprockets are the ones causing the problem! Both they and the tracks are from the box.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Dave Morris
Recruit

Post by Dave Morris »

I had the same problem with my tamiya 1/16 panther g. It is documented on line but it's the two halves of the drive sprocket pinching the track and causing the track to ride out of the sprocket. Tamiya recommend a putting a 0.5mm washer between the two halves of the sprocket but I found that this was too much and was still causing the same problem. I had some thinner washers from my Tamiya Touring car days and used 0.2mm washers instead and they were spot on. The tracks now run really sweet on the sprockets. It's the first time I've had this sort of problem using stock parts on a tamiya kit.

Here is the link I found: https://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/1-16 ... NbBjevfWrU
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Well, Richard, I hope that Dave's timely intervention pays dividends. I have a Tamiya Panther G waiting on the stocks, and hope not to encounter that pinching/nipping problem plaguing your sprockets. :thumbdown:
Let's hope thin shims sort it out. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Panther”