Tamiya Early Tiger 1 Static to RC Build

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
hotte8487
Sergeant

Re: Tamiya Early Tiger 1 Static to RC Build

Post by hotte8487 »

Hello Painless,

as I said, a very awesome tank and the commander too - but who has beat him a blue eye? :O
Greeting Hotte

IG-Panzerjäger Berlin

HL Tiger I late (ElMod)
Torro Kingtiger (ElMod)
Tamiya Tiger I early (ElMod)
Tamiya Panther G (ElMod)

The thinking is allowed to all people, but many are spared. (Curt Goetz 1888-1960)
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

*Laughs* Good morning, Mr Hotte, That was my shadow tint paint. There were cast hollows in the figures cheeks. The paint pooled there and I liked the effect. I mentioned somewhere else that he looked kind of like Rutger Hauer. Knowing my Commanders, he probably did a face plant on the turret wall while the tank was making it's way over rough terrain. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

After a long gestation period, you appear to have delivered a fully formed DAK Tiger 1 into the world, Painless like some great Olympian tank deity (ok..I know you live in the desert, and not on top of a Greek peak :/ ). As we males can't deliver fully formed humans into the world (just as well :haha:...ouch :O )...we can at least produce armoured creations; and yours (Mike's now) certainly looks like a living entity, especially with Rutger sitting there atop the turret. Come on now,won't you miss it, then...just a bit?
Incidentally, I've thoroughly enjoyed your thread from start to..well, near finish. For sure, I shall miss it; but hope for something as detailed, instructive, and documented in future :wave:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Painless I did not realise that your build was of "813" I got some of the rear detail from a Photograph of "813" in "Tigers in Combat" By Wolfgang Schneider page 17, for my build of that particular Tank, The exhaust shrouds were the greatest challenge which I fashioned from an "ABER" PE set which I modified to the shape in the picture.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon, 43rdR&R,
Upon seeing the tank to completion, I did indeed and for a second, consider offering Mike my still in-the-box Tiger 1 so as to keep this one for myself. Sanity prevailed because seriously, the fun in these huge kits is the build. Tamiya knows how to figure in 'x' amount of fun for every dollar spent on one of their big Tanks and how much time that construction can reasonably be stretched over. I will miss this tank when Mike comes to pick it up this Summer. I gain solace in the notion that mine will soon be sitting in the build area making me once again stretch my skill set beyond what I thought I was capable of.
regards,
Painless
Last edited by PainlessWolf on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Mr Jarndice, Good Afternoon!
I thought that I was building Tank #142 of the 504th which spent a short while in Tunisia before moving on to Sicily and eventually Italy. Tank built and a blank canvas before me, pristine in Dunkelgelb, I tore open the Archer Decals pack and see Early 501st Div. sets for three vehicles, one in while outline, two others in red. Well, I thought briefly about the Tamiya decals in my own unbuilt Tiger but they would be no where near the quality of the Archer wet slides. So tank 813 it was. I know that this tank made it to Russia and was there long enough to have the 'S' appended and the 8 removed. ABER PE is no longer the bug a bear that it was when I started this build. I am glad that you enjoy the use of it as well. I still want to try Voyagers stuff one of these days.
Regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Tamiya Builds”