Help with bridge?

hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Re: Help with bridge?

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi
I don't know if this is of any use to anyone. But I built 2 simple bridges for our club out of 1/4inch marine ply with stiffenning battens and then used roofing felt for grip on the bridge deck. Each bridge is basicully made in three parts the two sides and the deck using screw's and epoxy resin glue for assembly. I'm no light weight at 81kg and both bridges will support me standing on them. I only have some pistures of them finnished in my garage but I think from the pictures you can see how simple the construction is.
DSCF1484.jpg
DSCF1482.jpg
DSCF1486.jpg
DSCF1487.jpg
DSCF1489.jpg
DSCF1490.jpg
The last photograph is of the paint spray I used to give a stone look to the bridges it was from Wilko's and cost £4.95 a tin ( 1 tin just did the large bridge) you spray it on then leave it for 24 hours to dry and then you can over spray it with colour or just give it a spray coat of clear laqure to seal the surface.
Once everything was dry I just stapled a strip of roofing felt to the bridge deck for grip ( also by just stapling it, if the surface wears out it can be removed and a new strip put on).
opp's you said get off the road
Panzerhun
Private

Post by Panzerhun »

Easy and nice! Thank you.
Jagdtiger the king, but a Jagdpanther the best! ;)

HL KV1e
HL Tiger
Artyfist
Lance Corporal

Post by Artyfist »

Your bridge looks great. Can you let me have the sizes of the large bridge?
Cheers
Torro Sherman
Torro King Tiger
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi
The large bridge is 40 inches long and 14 inches wide
As a note our bridge road deck is 5 inches high at its centre, if I was to build it again I drop that to 4inches to give a gentler curve to the road deck (some of the smaller lighter tanks struggle with the curve)
Denzil
opp's you said get off the road
Artyfist
Lance Corporal

Post by Artyfist »

Thanks.
I will put some pictures on when i have made mine.

Dominic
Torro Sherman
Torro King Tiger
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

hi all

i build a bridge for our yard, If you want to take a look at the whole bulding proces here you are the link, on the first page:

viewtopic.php?f=188&t=17333

it's fully functional, will be located on a road, with slightly ramps to access it, with running water under it, and the pavement was done with a type of clay that sets in at room temperature (no oven needed).

we used an internal structure made of wood, and the bridge stands without any problems the 15Kg combined weight of my tiger and KöTi runing over it.

best regards
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552

Return to “Battlefield Construction”