Damaged board

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Jake79
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Damaged board

Post by Jake79 »

Well I switched it on without it and the little green light came on, I didn't try anything else tho. Since I soldered the piece back on I've ran it the garden for half an hour and all seems ok. No idea what its for can't of been that important if the tank still turned on.
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Post by Tankbear »

Aussie wrote:What does that part actually do?
I believe it is part of the energy reclaiming circuit. It collects momentum of the drive gear system and uses the motors to convert back to electricity when throttle is quickly released and temporary stores in the silver cans, then when throttle is applied the electricity discharges power to the motors in addition to the battery. Which means your using less battery energy and get longer run times than other systems.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Tankbear wrote:
Aussie wrote:What does that part actually do?
I believe it is part of the energy reclaiming circuit. It collects momentum of the drive gear system and uses the motors to convert back to electricity when throttle is quickly released and temporary stores in the silver cans, then when throttle is applied the electricity discharges power to the motors in addition to the battery. Which means your using less battery energy and get longer run times than other systems.

Ian.
Similar to a capacitor? Like I use at work for my large control boards for pump systems I would guess. Very nice feature
Tanks alot.... :wave:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

A sort of regenerative braking! I likey
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Looks like it's not just F1 cars that use KERS. Maybe that's the cause of some tanks taking off like the proverbial bat out of hell. ;D
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

KERS technology in a 1/16th model tank :wtf: :wtf:

SOOOOOoooooooo.........................Mercedes F1 are secretly gaining tech-data thru ELMOD and scaling it up :shh: :shifty: :shifty:

And Hamilton was going to blow the whistle 8O
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Raminator

Post by Raminator »

Jake79 wrote:Well impatient Jacob decided to solder it back on..all works as it should.
http://i.imgur.com/GXOYhWA.jpg?3
You're an absolute madman Jake, nice work getting it back on! I'll be honest, I wouldn't have had the balls to try.
Jake79

Post by Jake79 »

ha..last time I sent a board back it took 3 weeks and cost £30. This took 20 seconds and cost £0 risky I know.
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6

Return to “General Questions”