Second hand Taigen Panzer IV F2

Fixes and mods for the HL Panzer IV
lifeofbrian
Lance Corporal

Re: Second hand Taigen Panzer IV F2

Post by lifeofbrian »

Yeah sry the mantlet gun. I have seen a pic of a Panzer IV where it sticks out quite far, I've also seen where just the tip protrudes. At the moment there's just a hole, I suppose I could just make a gun tip with some styrene for now until I get a unit capable of giving me a second flashing machine gun.
silversurfer1947 wrote:When you say turret MG do you mean the cupola MG or the mantlet MG? In an event, I think the examples you have picked are in fact intended for the hull mounted gun.

Generally tanks were equipped with the armoured barrel, which is the second link you have given. However, as indicated, neither gun is capable of "firing"as the barrels are solid, so you would lose that function. If it is the mantlet gun you are referring to, very little of that protrudes so it does not really make much difference.

For the cupola MG34, what jarndice has suggested would be the way to go.
Taigen Panver IV F2 // Taigen Pantiger
lifeofbrian
Lance Corporal

Post by lifeofbrian »

What parts are missing from my tank? I'll add them as I find out.

1. Spanners/tow hooks, and some thing? don't know what it's called but found them for sale.

2.This is for some sort of grab rail.

3. I think this is for the antenna tray

4. Don't know what it's called but I found one on aliexpress.
Last edited by lifeofbrian on Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

LoB Hi, If you want an Armoured MG34 Barrel I suggest you buy a cheap plastic MG34 and buy the Photo-Etch Armoured Barrel from "ABER"---,
www.aber.net.pl
The reason I say cheap Plastic is because you have to remove the plastic barrel and replace it with the Brass barrel,
You asked if the Aerial you showed was the correct one for the PZ 4 I am sorry to say it is not and the proper one is very elusive,
Usually it can be found on---
http://www.rctank.de
but it is not there presently,
as to what is missing two items spring to mind, apart from the aerial, and they are the aerial stowage channel and again it is not readily available but it is easy to make, the Dimensions being---11cms long---5mm wide---5mm deep and the channel is 2mm across,
The other item that I would include although it was not always fitted is the "Spare Wheel Holder" which can be found on the Shapeways site I gave you earlier.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

LoB, If you do decide to get the "Schumo" MG34 Gun Mount, It clips on the inner ring of the Cupola very neatly as does the MG34 and to complete the scene I suggest you go to ---
http://www.shop.afvmodeller.com
Click on "Resin Accessories and keep scrolling down to "GURT SACKS" (these are for the empty Ammo belts) The "Schumo" gun mount is adapted to carry one of these and then scroll down a little further to the MG34 Ammo Belt which when you paint the tips in brass coloured paint really looks the part,
You will need to cut your way through the body of your MG34 to allow the ammo belt through but it is pretty easy and when you finish the whole set up on the Cupola it really does add a lot of realism.
A TIP, Try not to drop a Wolfgang Schneider Tiger in Combat volume one book on it, DOHHH
Shaun,
lifeofbrian
Lance Corporal

Post by lifeofbrian »

Thanks for the tips and the measurements. I checked out the Spare Wheel Holder on that site, luckily they give the measurement s for that too. :D
jarndice wrote:LoB Hi, If you want an Armoured MG34 Barrel I suggest you buy a cheap plastic MG34 and buy the Photo-Etch Armoured Barrel from "ABER"---,
http://www.aber.net.pl
The reason I say cheap Plastic is because you have to remove the plastic barrel and replace it with the Brass barrel,
You asked if the Aerial you showed was the correct one for the PZ 4 I am sorry to say it is not and the proper one is very elusive,
Usually it can be found on---
http://www.rctank.de
but it is not there presently,
as to what is missing two items spring to mind, apart from the aerial, and they are the aerial stowage channel and again it is not readily available but it is easy to make, the Dimensions being---11cms long---5mm wide---5mm deep and the channel is 2mm across,
The other item that I would include although it was not always fitted is the "Spare Wheel Holder" which can be found on the Shapeways site I gave you earlier.
Shaun.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

That is exactly what you want, Good find,
By the way don't take too much notice of dealers telling you things are only for the PZ111 because a lot of PZ111 parts are interchangeable with the PZ4,
The radio aerial for example as well as the Cupola,
If your not sure ask the Forum and someone will have the answer.
Shaun.
lifeofbrian
Lance Corporal

Post by lifeofbrian »

Ya, I quickly noticed that. I haven't been in to tanks long, only since I've been playing War Thunder on the PC, About 2 months. I'm learning a lot looking for parts, learning all the names of bits.
jarndice wrote:That is exactly what you want, Good find,
By the way don't take too much notice of dealers telling you things are only for the PZ111 because a lot of PZ111 parts are interchangeable with the PZ4,
The radio aerial for example as well as the Cupola,
If your not sure ask the Forum and someone will have the answer.
Shaun.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I hope you may find these photos a help. They are of the hull of my Taigen Panzer IV. They show ty
the aerial stowage and the rail at the front.
20170121_111216.jpg
20170121_111216.jpg (42.73 KiB) Viewed 5013 times
20170121_111515.jpg
20170121_111515.jpg (19.61 KiB) Viewed 5013 times
20170121_111528.jpg
20170121_111528.jpg (28.8 KiB) Viewed 5013 times
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
lifeofbrian
Lance Corporal

Post by lifeofbrian »

Cheers Surfer
silversurfer1947 wrote:I hope you may find these photos a help. They are of the hull of my Taigen Panzer IV. They show ty
the aerial stowage and the rail at the front.
lifeofbrian
Lance Corporal

Post by lifeofbrian »

What are these are for, they're not for the F2 are they? The Heng Long aliexpress page says they are.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HENGLON ... 279.k1FQTE
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HENG-LO ... 267.k1FQTE
Last edited by lifeofbrian on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “HL Panzer IV”