Beier sound card into Taigen Tiger 1 does go !

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Beier sound card into Taigen Tiger 1 does go !

Post by c.rainford73 »

Very very nice! Great sound upgrade and that street setting at night is very realistic!
Tanks alot.... :wave:
BeavistheCat
Recruit

Post by BeavistheCat »

Congratulations on modding one of these to 2.4 ghz. I have one of these in an old HL Tiger - the sound is top notch, and I love the way it can change gears, rather than most approaches which is just to modulate the sound by speed. I also appreciate the fact that it eliminated the Track Recoil. I haven't checked for a while, but am assuming that the Client project files are still on the Beier site. If so, there is a very good Maybach set up there.
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

BeavistheCat wrote:Congratulations on modding one of these to 2.4 ghz. I have one of these in an old HL Tiger - the sound is top notch, and I love the way it can change gears, rather than most approaches which is just to modulate the sound by speed. I also appreciate the fact that it eliminated the Track Recoil. I haven't checked for a while, but am assuming that the Client project files are still on the Beier site. If so, there is a very good Maybach set up there.

Agreed :thumbup:
My favourite sound card to date
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
Afrikakorps
Corporal

Post by Afrikakorps »

If you do away with the Taigen/Heng Long board you can have a lot more options and control with an RCtanks Australia ASP2 board.
The ASP has better sound options using 2 sd cards and outputs for different strength speakers. !!!
It has more control and features than almost any other board on the market. :wtf:
Well worth a look at. :thumbup:

http://rctanksaustralia.com/shop/index. ... cts_id=260

Cheers
Afrikakorps
Panzer III G
Sherman M4A3 (105)
T-34/76 (1942)
Panzer IV Wirbelwind
Sturmtiger
KV-2
M26 Pershing
T-34/76 (1943)
KV-1
M3 Lee
Ferdinand / Elephant
M16 Half-track
Panther G
M4a1 (75mm)
M41 Walker Bulldog
JS-2
M4a3e8 (76mm)
Japanese Type94
FT-17
Tiger 1
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Afrikakorps wrote:If you do away with the Taigen/Heng Long board you can have a lot more options and control with an RCtanks Australia ASP2 board.
The ASP has better sound options using 2 sd cards and outputs for different strength speakers. !!!
It has more control and features than almost any other board on the market. :wtf:
Well worth a look at. Image

http://rctanksaustralia.com/shop/index. ... cts_id=260

Cheers
Afrikakorps
I've been really interested in the ASP for a while now and every time I logon to view it it's sold out on their website. Any idea when they will have them back in stock? Just asking if you know something. Thanks

Or maybe someone else on the forum has an idea thanks in advance

Carl
Afrikakorps
Corporal

Post by Afrikakorps »

Hi Carl,
He gets a number of them made and then makes them available for sale on his website. I believe that he is getting another batch produced soon. They sell quite quickly !! Anyone who has tried them will swear by them, and so you get a lot of repeat customers.
I have 3, and they are excellent !
It is something for American and English tankers to consider even if it is not local.
Also if you are into IR , the Piranha battle unit is a very good option. ( I highly recommend it )

Anyway, not to detract from this excellent site, but if you are interested the designer has an ASP web forum where you can ask details.

http://rctanksaustralia.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Cheers
AK
Panzer III G
Sherman M4A3 (105)
T-34/76 (1942)
Panzer IV Wirbelwind
Sturmtiger
KV-2
M26 Pershing
T-34/76 (1943)
KV-1
M3 Lee
Ferdinand / Elephant
M16 Half-track
Panther G
M4a1 (75mm)
M41 Walker Bulldog
JS-2
M4a3e8 (76mm)
Japanese Type94
FT-17
Tiger 1
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

So many sound cards
So many different Tiger 1 variants I "need"

Maybe in my next tank an ASP. :haha:

Just loving the different sound units I have already
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Yes I think I will have to get my hands on one for another Tiger I under construction thank you Mr Afrikakorps
Jussek
Sergeant

Post by Jussek »

I've been using the USM-HL for 5 years, you can find the samples on some treads in this forum, and also i 've my profiles shared on the Beier forum. The Beier and the Benedini are the only pure sound cards i know right now, and i my opinion nothing beat them. The main issue i've with all the myriad of new control boards that use SD cards are the micro lapse times of switching the sounds. I could be a bit oversensitive on this issue, though ;D

best regards
Jussek

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-RC-Reus-Secci%C3%B3-de-Modelisme-Militar-Radiocontrolat-PzGr-Tarraco/639220812799552
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

Jussek wrote:I've been using the USM-HL for 5 years, you can find the samples on some treads in this forum, and also i 've my profiles shared on the Beier forum. The Beier and the Benedini are the only pure sound cards i know right now, and i my opinion nothing beat them. The main issue i've with all the myriad of new control boards that use SD cards are the micro lapse times of switching the sounds. I could be a bit oversensitive on this issue, though ;D

best regards
Hi Jussek I'm assuming the sound card you are using is the usm-hl and the one that Tigrr is now using is the new version? The model you have is very nice but no longer available?

I am very impressed with the Beier sounds and am strongly considering one

Carl

Return to “General Discussion”