Grantham Light Armoured Division Discussion

For discussion of new and existing clubs, organisation of meets and other similar topics. Please use this board for discussion, the Clubs around the world board is for listings only.
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Re: Grantham Light Armoured Division Discussion

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi to everybody.
At this last meeting The Gonerby club asked us if we could move 2 of our meeting dates so they could book a couple of large venues in.
The June meeting will now be on the 12th June. (instead of the 5th)
The July meeting will now be on the 17th July (instead of the 3rd).
We have been invited to the Spilsby Show which is on the Sunday 10th July (we have been allocated a space in the centre of the main marque) . for those that are not going to the Yorkshire war Weekend which clashes with this date.
We have been invited to the war memorial event in Wyndham park Grantham August 20th to put on a static and a display village to run the tanks in. (2-3 of us did this event last year and it went down well.).
We have also been invited to Thorsby Park in conjunction with the M.A.F.A. to put on a display in their courtyard in an event celebrating the 100 years anniversary of the Tank on September 11th.
Thorsby Hall is the home of the Queens Royal Lancers and Nottinghamshire Yeomanry museum, and set in a very large park with some very good walks. In the courtyard is also a nice cafe.
Any one who would like to attend these events please let us know.
Denzil
opp's you said get off the road
tiger tiger
Sergeant

Post by tiger tiger »

Hi Denzil and merle and all other members, i checked the spalding guardian and we were not in the paper in pic form of the spalding show, we did get a very short mention about half a line. i rang the paper today and spoke with them on how to get the photo their snapper took, if anyone wants a copy go to www.spaldingguardian.co.uk, then go to buy photo and enter spalding model show and scroll across until you see ours, they can only be ordered online from what i understand. i have had a look and a good picture i think of our setup and members, its about £7 a pic.

Regards stu.
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi All
I had a phone call last night from the Organiser of a charity show in Loughborough,
It's a one day show on Saturday 22nd October 2016, Starting at 11.00am till 17.00pm,
Some of you attended last year and went down very well.
I gather its a indoor event mainly featuring Big Boy's and their Toys, ie live steam trains and traction engines RC cars ect.
He is sorry for the late notice but would like to know if we could attend and give a static display as well as run some of the tanks around the hall.
Could anyone let me know if they can attend this event and I inform him if we can support his event
The event is at :-
St Peter's Centre,
Storer Road,
Loughborough,
LE11 5EQ
Thanks Denzil
JohnWhyte
Corporal

Post by JohnWhyte »

Hi is there any new details about the Loughborough show as mever and my dad is interested in going along
T-34
2 Pz.4
Korean Pershing
2 M50
2 M51
M1
2 King Tiger
2 Jagdpanzer E75
Alligator
E25 Ausf D
E75
E50
T32
Radar Panther
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi the show is going ahead,
The set up is from 09.30am and the show opens at 11.00am till 17.00pm.
Frankie and me and my wife will be going with a selection of tanks to put on a static display ( and if room have some running). Tables are in short supply I've been told so if you have a strong paste table you could bring it might be handy.
Hopefully see you there.
Denzil
JohnWhyte
Corporal

Post by JohnWhyte »

Are we meeting up then heading there or do we go straight there
T-34
2 Pz.4
Korean Pershing
2 M50
2 M51
M1
2 King Tiger
2 Jagdpanzer E75
Alligator
E25 Ausf D
E75
E50
T32
Radar Panther
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi to all members
I have received a phone call from the organiser of the Spalding Model Engineering Show.
The club has been invited again to attend the show in 2017 again. It will be at the Springfield Gardens Event centre just like last year.
This time we are being allocated a 9m x 8m area inside the show in order to layout a diorama and also a static display (of a similar layout as last time). More details will be forwarded as and when I get them. There is a limited camping and caravan area for those that want to stop the whole weekend. The event is in April, Setup on Friday 21st and the show is on the Saturday and Sunday. Show times 09.30am til 17.00pm There will be full security during the night times, So models and people attending have to communicated prior to the show, and then each model is booked in and witnessed on the day.
In the run up to the event, ie one month before me or my wife will have to submit a list of Club members wishing to attend and each model and its value, that they will be bringing to the show. so that security can be arranged accordingly.
Please let the us know either on here or at the club meets, so that a list can be started if you would like to attend.
Members displaying only will get free entry. All others have to pay a normal entry fee
Regards Denzil
JohnWhyte
Corporal

Post by JohnWhyte »

A bit of news about my dad op as it has been cancelled we will be coming to the club on Sunday
T-34
2 Pz.4
Korean Pershing
2 M50
2 M51
M1
2 King Tiger
2 Jagdpanzer E75
Alligator
E25 Ausf D
E75
E50
T32
Radar Panther
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi all members
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
I have just been contacted by The Great Gonerby Club Secretary asking if we could move are meeting date from the 8th January to the 15th in order that the club can take a booking for a large party that day.
The club would be very grateful in we can, due to the large revenue the booking could bring in for the club.
I have until Thursday night to let them know.
But if the members are happy with the change I will let the club know Thursday night accepting the change.
Denzil
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Fine by me - Brownie points always good!

Return to “Club Discussion”