What can be done to make this a "real" tank?

Fixes and mods for the HL Panther
lifeofbrian
Lance Corporal

What can be done to make this a "real" tank?

Post by lifeofbrian »

I have just purchased a second hand Taigen Snow Leopard, which after browsing this forum I now believe to be a "Pantiger". I see that the Taigen website lists it as a Panther Ausf A, which it is obviously not, so my question is, what can I do to make this look like a real tank?

I understand that it's based on the Tiger 1 chassis, so maybe buy the upper parts for a Tiger 1 and change the exhausts, which are broken anyway. To me it doesn't look much like the later Panthers either, maybe fixing the front slope will make a big difference.

Any tips?
Taigen Panver IV F2 // Taigen Pantiger
jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: What can be done to make this a "real" tank?

Post by jackalope »

Buy a Taigen Tiger I and use that PanTiger for parts! :haha: But then I'm wierd with my tanks and want them to be as tough if not tougher then the real thing.
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

jackalope wrote:Buy a Taigen Tiger I and use that PanTiger for parts! :haha: But then I'm wierd with my tanks and want them to be as tough if not tougher then the real thing.
Yup. What Jack said
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

There are several versions of the converted Pantiger getting around.
A jagdpanther is one of the better ones. Using the vital bits to convert a 'G' into an 'A' is also very handy.

In short, loads of work, or, use it for a donor/conversion project but it will never be representative of a real tank sorry.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “HL Pantiger (Panther)”