mystery item

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: mystery item

Post by silversurfer1947 »

There are very strict regulations in the UK relating to airsoft guns. Since October 2007 you can only buy a realistic imitation firearm (one that looks like a real gun) if you are at least 18 years old and meet one of the following conditions:
You are a 'registered' airsofter with membership of an insured skirmish site. To be registered, you must attend a properly organised and insured airsoft site and play for at least three days over a period of no less than two months. Even if you attend and play the three days in your first week, UK Law requires that two months pass from the first day you attended before you can legally be registered.
You are a member of a properly insured historical re-enactment group or society.
You are a film, television or theatre production company.
You are (or are acting on behalf of) a museum
You are a Crown Servant in pursuance of your Crown duties
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

I know you guys can't have real fire arms but not even BB or airsoft guns either? Wow.

I'm not being a smart ass here this is an actual question,
Do you guys have to register your airsoft tanks? How about the waiting period to own a BB or airsoft gun does it apply to the airsoft tanks? If not what's the difference?

Again I'm not trying to be rude or cause issues but is it because everyone seems so terrified of guns that even toy guns are regulated?

Being from the US this just sounds so ...... odd to me and I'm curious about why such a fear of guns exists.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

silversurfer1947 wrote:There are very strict regulations in the UK relating to airsoft guns. Since October 2007 you can only buy a realistic imitation firearm (one that looks like a real gun) if you are at least 18 years old and meet one of the following conditions:
You are a 'registered' airsofter with membership of an insured skirmish site. To be registered, you must attend a properly organised and insured airsoft site and play for at least three days over a period of no less than two months. Even if you attend and play the three days in your first week, UK Law requires that two months pass from the first day you attended before you can legally be registered.
You are a member of a properly insured historical re-enactment group or society.
You are a film, television or theatre production company.
You are (or are acting on behalf of) a museum
You are a Crown Servant in pursuance of your Crown duties
Yep, Richard, and here in Scotland I now need a firearms certificate for my Walther Air Rifle, even though it's only at the 12ft Lb power limit. :O Getting that certificate (it has been approved, luckily) is as now difficult as getting a full firearms cert.(full-bore weapons and shotguns); and just as expensive too. That's why I go to Switzerland to have a spot of fun with my son's burgeoning WW2 firearms collection (demonstrated in earlier WW2 weapons threads) In Jan., we're planning to buy, and trial, the legendary WW2 Lee-Enfield .303. :thumbup: That will complete my experience of firing, disassembling, servicing (and hopefully reassembling :lolno: ) all the major WW2 personal weapons. Hmm..That said, there's still the Garand M1. Now, they're not so easy to come by in Zürich ;)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

303 was what i used to get my marksmen badge at 300 yds 5 shots within a 2 pence piece nailed it ! loved sitting in the rifle butts changing targets, loved the whizz of rounds coming over my head ! moved later on to clay pidgeon shooting/skeets pretty good too ! got a 40 from 45 !
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

There are no restrictions for tanks. It is all about things that look like firearms. There are airsoft guns available, but they are exotic colours. Even starting pistols for athletics events are bright orange. Things started tightening up years ago, with a multiple shooting in Dunblane. Since then, things have got tighter and tighter. Scotland has it worse than England. At least I don't need a licence for my air-rifle. I gave up my shot gun licence as that was getting more difficult. I just did not want the hassle.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Tanker242,
This pistol is classified as an airgun, not airsoft because it uses steel shot. The price runs around 149.99 U.S. but since it is the Holidays, it can be had for 99.99. I just bought the Mate a semi auto\full auto mini -Uzi for Xmas which looks like a lot of fun as well. That one is manufactured by Umarex and runs 149.99, Holiday pricing. Links to at least go look at these Hobby items are:
http://www.pyramydair.com/
and
https://www.umarexusa.com/
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Aussie
Corporal

Post by Aussie »

Try living in Australia and owning a rifle!
I need an approved gun safe and proper rifle licence to own my air rifles!
And the police do random gun safe checks to make sure all is legit.
Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty!
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Yeah I gave up my 6.5mm Carl Gustav rifle years ago when my parents disposed of their farm. Otherwise I would have had to join a club and maintain a minimum number of shoots at meetings. All too hard... which is what they wanted following the Port Arthur incident.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

DAMN! That's crazy guys!
Aussie
Corporal

Post by Aussie »

Don't worry , I love seeing the inside of your gun stores on T.V.
Imagine walking in , five minutes later , walking out owning an AR15.
Or a Deagle.
Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty!

Return to “General Questions”