mystery item

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

mystery item

Post by doc larsson »

anyone tell me what this pouch is please

thanks in advance
jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: mystery item

Post by jackalope »

That looks like a holster for a broom handle Mauser.

From looking at your 1st pic that is EXACTLY what it is!
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

1st prize to jackalope ! i see it now with the extension at the bottom ! brilliant
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Definitely the Mauser. The holster is only a few straps at the top and a boot at the bottom. When you drew the weapon, you would have taken the gun out still in its wooden case, which then doubled as a shoulder stock. It just o haapens that I hae one on my living room wall. :D
20161213_174426.jpg
20161213_174426.jpg (26.68 KiB) Viewed 1982 times
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

The object in the original picture (not the resin bit) is a Mauser C96 ('Broomhandle") with holster and attachments, I think. That's one german pistol I've not fired yet....
Here's another example:
Attachments
Schnellfeuer holster.jpg
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Clint Eastwood used one in the film Joe Kidd, after taking it from one of "the bad guys"
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Clint Eastwood used one in the film Joe Kidd, after taking it from one of "the bad guys"
Richard
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
I've got the 'Legends' version from Umarex. Semi or full auto. Pistol is all steel and uses .177 steel shot powered by CO2 kept in the magazine. Same size, weight and everything functions as the gunpowder version. There is another Golden Age going on and it is within the Airgun realm. Shotguns, .50 cal hunting rifles, SAA replicas you cannot discern from the originals, crazy stuff.
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Semi or Full Auto.JPG
...Here for the Dawn...
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

gents,

as ever a fountain of knowledge ! so glad i have you guys to rely on !
tanker 242
Corporal

Post by tanker 242 »

hi painless, how much did it cost,& do you know if its available in the u.k as we do have gun shops here as well . tanker 242.

Return to “General Questions”