Centurion

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
welshdragon
Lance Corporal

Centurion

Post by welshdragon »

Waltersons have advised me that they are working on r/c models of a T72 and Centurion in 1/16 scale, although unlikely to be available this year. I will post more news when I have it, or visit the Welsh Dragon Models Facebook page.

Steve

http://www.welshdragonmodels.co.uk
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Centurion

Post by jarndice »

Thank you Steve,
We have been calling for years for a 1/16 R/C Centurion and while the quality of Chris's example is beyond question, and to a builder (like me) eminently desirable, it is because of the limited production run and the amount of hands on in its production that price's it out of the pocket of many of us,
Hopefully this will trigger another maker to compete with "Walterson's" so that the upgrade makers see a market for their products.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Great news, thanks Steve.

Take my money now!
welshdragon
Lance Corporal

Post by welshdragon »

jarndice wrote:Thank you Steve,
We have been calling for years for a 1/16 R/C Centurion and while the quality of Chris's example is beyond question, and to a builder (like me) eminently desirable, it is because of the limited production run and the amount of hands on in its production that price's it out of the pocket of many of us,
Hopefully this will trigger another maker to compete with "Walterson's" so that the upgrade makers see a market for their products.
Shaun.
Thank you Shaun. I think we will be seeing a lot more from Waltersons and WDM will be stocking their products :) . I'm not expecting to see any more volume manufacturers springing up in the foreseeable future, but who knows?

Steve
welshdragon
Lance Corporal

Post by welshdragon »

Ad Lav wrote:Great news, thanks Steve.

Take my money now!
Thank you. Let's hope the £ recovers a bit before we see them!

Steve
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

The T-72 and Centurion are my two all-time favourites. Looks like I got into this hobby a year too early!
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Oh I'd have to get a Centurion!
RobW

Post by RobW »

Raminator wrote:The T-72 and Centurion are my two all-time favourites. Looks like I got into this hobby a year too early!
Nah, just about right to have time to learn the basics and buy MORE tanks...... :haha: Will be nice to have some post war armour that I have a chance of IDing - I can't tell the difference between the modern US, UK & German ones.
Raminator

Post by Raminator »

I agree, they're all so uniform and soulless. Aesthetically, military technology peaked during the Cold War.
Bogeyman
Corporal

Post by Bogeyman »

Centurion, bring it on, this will trigger some epic builds, I can see them already.

John

Return to “Hobby News”