Building a Mid-Production Normandy Tiger 1

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Building a Mid-Production Normandy Tiger 1

Post by HERMAN BIX »

From whAt I have read, they used a "last in-first out" parts system.
Meaning the newest parts for a series were fitted first then the older parts as the newer ones ran low.
Certainly explains why there was such a mix later on
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tanks_for_the_memory
Sergeant

Post by tanks_for_the_memory »

Dear Herman,

I know it's late here in the UK and early out in the Antipodes right now (although you are already into tomorrow), but I think you and I are singing from the same hymn sheet:

I say: "used up new stocks of parts before the old..."

You say: "the newest parts for a series were fitted first then the older parts as the newer ones ran low..."

Two nations divided by a common language?!

:)
My Mid-Production Normandy Tiger 1 build thread: http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... =22&t=8350
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Sure is !!

What gets me is that imagine the hassle of having tanks on a line, new hardware arriving for an upgraded idea, then having to shift stock to make space on the line, storing the old stock, overcoming any assembly or training on the new parts fitting(materials or techniques) then getting up to %100 again . :/ :crazy:

It makes more smarts to use whats to hand and then the superseded parts flow in as demand required.

Oh well..................
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I actually dread the day this is finished !!
what will we use as the keystone of Tiger builds .................. :problem:
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
MAUS45
Recruit

Post by MAUS45 »

Really nice work Herman. Great details added to bring it to life. Looking forward to the base coat of dark yellow!!! :thumbup:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I have a suggestion for the membership.

Mr TFTM, if it's ok with you and the broader membership agrees, I would like to turn your thread into a "sticky" do it remains in place at the top of the section.

I personally feel it deserves to not sink to the back pages.

Thoughts ?
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I agree Herman,
Might I suggest expanding your idea to include the "Definitive" builds of Scalawags Challenger 2 :thumbup:
and Philipats Panzer 4 :thumbup: To mention but two off the top of my head.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
tanks_for_the_memory
Sergeant

Post by tanks_for_the_memory »

Now don't pile on the pressure guys - you mean I actually have to finish this thing?! 8O

Of course I'm flattered - but its up to you bigwigs. I'm just a lowly NCO... :eh:
My Mid-Production Normandy Tiger 1 build thread: http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... =22&t=8350
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

jarndice wrote:I agree Herman,
Might I suggest expanding your idea to include the "Definitive" builds of Scalawags Challenger 2 :thumbup:
and Philipats Panzer 4 :thumbup: To mention but two off the top of my head.
Shaun.
I was going there with others, but since you mentioned it, I agree.

Just thinking out loud here all, so dont get bent out of shape, but perhaps the now redundant Models Masterclass section could become the "sticky" thread gallery for single builds of note ?

Again, this could be a build thread sticky to be used as a technical guide and research matter for all to benefit from without having to go looking.

Specifically im looking at the actual machine, the work gone in, the innovative use of commercial materials/parts, and home made solutions, the research level, and the picture steps etc etc.

Not as a show off so much as a benchmark "how-to" on certain versions.

Enough on this in here(sorry Mr Tanks) I will bring this up in General discussion.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Markocaster »

HERMAN BIX wrote:I actually dread the day this is finished !!
what will we use as the keystone of Tiger builds .................. :problem:
Me too I love checking out this build ! Simply amazing!!!
HL /Mato tiger 1 early, Tamiya Tiger 1 early, Taigen tiger 1 mid
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
Heng Long Sherman DGS Firefly kit
Tamiya King Tiger (unbuilt)
Mato all metal Panzer III
1/10 Jagdpanther

Return to “Heng Long Builds”