Cooling the RX18 Board

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Cooling the RX18 Board

Post by 971wright »

Hi Guys thought you would like to see how I cool the new boards very simple and dosnt cost much the fan was bought on ebay 10 for £10 so £1 each .Cut large hole where the fan is to let the air in and cut smaller hole to let air out.Just make sure the screws dont stick through there isnt much room behind and if there to long you could blow the board .

regards pete
Mackem
Staff Sergeant

Re: Cooling the RX18 Board

Post by Mackem »

Nice tip Pete, any chance of a link to those fans?

Cheers
John
HE/HL Leopard 2-A5, HL Pz IV-F1, HL Jagdpanther (WIP), M26A1 Pershing (WIP), HL Pz III M (WIP), Bandai Hummel (WIP)
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi John Bought them last year on ebay dont have a link but I typed cooling fan in search and they were there had a look yesterday and couldnt find any this size but there were larger ones just keep looking they will popup from time to time .

regards pete
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

I glued  my fan on to the Rx18's case and drilled a ten mm hole to let the air circulate around the board
FireflyKeith
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by FireflyKeith »

Check out RCCOMMAND he has just added some new stuff to his upgade parts and he has a few different fans now, also lots of other goodies ;D ;D  His shipping is fast and cheap also 8)

http://www.rccommand.com/Tank%20Upgrade%20Parts.php
JTS
Lance Corporal

Post by JTS »

Hi

Can I ask a really silly question can the fan be pligged into one of the RX18 sockets?

Jim
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

yes Jim it can

I used the unused smokers socket and switch to keep the fan on all of the time

I cut the plug off the smoker 1 inch from the end and soldered the fans wires to the plug wires to get a connection then I used a spare plug and leads to short out the switch socket to keep the fan on all of the time whilst the tank is switched on and off via the TX
Last edited by BREL on Wed May 20, 2009 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
FireflyKeith

Post by FireflyKeith »

BREL wrote: I used a spare plug and leads to short out the switch socket to keep the fan on all of the time whilst the tank is switched on and off via the TX
Hi Brel, im just in the middle of adding my fan to the RX18 and have plugged it into the smoker socket, i just wanted to check what i do with the smoker switch socket, do i just plug a lead in and join the two wires together or do i need a switch ???

Cheers Keith 8)
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

Keith, join the two wires together by soldering them there is no need of a switch because the fan starts when the Start button is pressed on the TX
FireflyKeith

Post by FireflyKeith »

Will do, thanks Brel

Return to “Tips and Tricks”