OCD Builds.... Research Tanks in 1/35th 8O

Got any static model tanks? If so post them here.
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: OCD Builds.... Research Tanks in 1/35th 8O

Post by ALPHA »

Couldn't help myself...had an urge to revisit the brand Zvezda.... :D

Just for Fun Tank Ready for Paint: T34/85 (Zvezda/ Italeri)

Though it was a relatively fast build...I can't say it wasn't without it's challenges....I'm not sure if it's the joining of the two companies ...how they arranged things...whether Italeri bought the molds from Zvezda and remachined them....but there were some tricky areas to deal with :problem: ...also gone were the really nice overcast welds that were present on the JS 2 :thumbdown:
Overall....I like this model...like the JS 2....found it straight forward ...no frills no thrills....Just a nice solid build with good result :D
The tracks were pretty nice too ;)

CAVIAT EMPTOR GENTS :wave:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Just for fun Tank ...Painted: T34/85 (Zvezda/ Italeri)

I Already have done this model in 1/16th...so this was purely for fun :D
My first intention was to go white like I did with my 1/16th....But someone special and dear to my heart said she really liked the color on the box
when she told me this...my reply was...It's going to be white :haha: ....she sounded a little disappointed ...but went on telling me about other things ;)
As I set up my airbrush gear...a note that it was her birthday...popped into mind...and being that Pravda will be going green in the next Movie...though the color is a tad darker....I said to myself..........Self....Just do it (think I talk to myself too much lol)...found a special green ...took it from my kit ...Long story short...Here it is :D
Spoiler: show
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ..MY LADY IN RED :thumbup:

:angel:

CAVIAT EMPTOR GENTS :wave:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Not to worry Mr K....More will come....not right away though...will probably skip back to 1/16th for a little while...I haven't really gone over what has arrived..but I think I have everything I need now for my Firefly build
This one was kind of a fluke....It arrived hours before the other parts I needed did....since my time is pretty tight now days..Got a chance to do a quick look over of the parts ..decided it would be a fast build...and it was....Less than 24 hrs from start to finish. :thumbup: ...I'm really starting to like Zvezda....they aren't simple to do...but they give you a really nice kit to work with ...though I wouldn't recommend them for a Novice or even an Intermediate builder...as there are quite a few tricks that need to be used to get a nice result ;)

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

No Problem Mr K....It's kind of the result of long vacations lol....I remember when I took a two weeker....when I came back...there was like a months backlog :| ....R&R............not really right ;) ..............When you're good and ready bud :thumbup:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Kiaser wrote:Just going out to put some missing posters on some power poles 8O missing a Mr A please call local law enforcement , if that does not work then the next step is a mug shot on the Milk cartons 8O ......... :haha: :haha: .
LOL...Took an Eleven Thousand One Hundred and One Break :haha:

Back now lol

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Kiaser wrote:Goodness me almost had the search party out looking for you 8O after 24 HR and no hall pass Mr A your lucky 8O ...... :haha: :haha: your not on detention or grounded without privilege.
LOL...Just took a slow down as I neared 11111 ;) ...being very selective to replies....once getting there said to myself...take a break :D ...so I did...I also noticed there are a lot of 2nd Leftenants now :haha:

Congrats buddy :clap:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Kiaser wrote::haha: :haha: :haha: already there sloooooooow still waiting on some special parts and the project has 8O stopped dead .
Dead??????? 8O ....what about your other tanks....I stepped over from my Kai to swap sprockets on my M1...no drilling baby :haha: :haha: ...Figure I may as well get moving on the decals so I can get some photos up of it finished

That dilemma plaguing your JS must be severe ...what's going on with it :shifty:

Good to see you back...I too was starting to look on milk cartons...problem was I don't know what you look like ;) ...... :haha:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Kiaser wrote:Guido is sorting out the central weight setup in the JS 2 turret ring , the turret is not glued to allow this to happen .

That means I have to remove the wheel weights from the rear of the turret base .

Finally have a look at the electronics topic IBU3 Tankbear , I have been a bad boy MR A 8O .......... :haha: :haha: .
Can't be all that bad if the final effect is what you want...It's the creedo I build by ;)
Good luck with sorting out everything :thumbup:

Great to know you are still alive and well :clap: ............ :haha:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Kiaser wrote:Just 8O ...... :haha: :haha: could not survive your expertise is legendary :D
JUST?????????? 8O
What did you do???????????
Spoiler: show

change deodorant :haha: :haha:
ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Legendary???????????????? :O

This guy is legendary
Me???