Armored Champion - Steve Zaloga

Please post useful reference books that you may have here. Please give a short description with each link.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Armored Champion - Steve Zaloga

Post by PainlessWolf »

While I am waiting on 1/6 parts for the Stuart rebuild and information on the workability of parts for the 1/18 251 build, I picked up this book from Amazon for some pleasurable reading. The title is Armored Champion and it is by Steve Zaloga. It breaks down the title 'Best Tank' into the various time periods of the Second World War and has information never translated into English before along with new photos, etc.. Mr. Zaloga has been doing excellent tank writing for some forty years and his material covers everything from 'How-To's on building scale armor kits to more serious work like this tome. The book is a big hard cover and is well worth the 40 dollar price but can usually be found for less as I managed to do.
regards,
Painless
Attachments
A great book filled with new photos and text on our favorite tanks from WWII
A great book filled with new photos and text on our favorite tanks from WWII
...Here for the Dawn...
tao
Staff Sergeant

Re: Armored Champion - Steve Zaloga

Post by tao »

Yes good book with lots of information! I agree with most all of it except his kinda dismissive view of the Kingtiger
which yes pushed the limits of weight but had an improved suspension, wheel configuration, broke down no more than the tiger I or Panther had about the same gas consumption as the Pershing, low ground pressure and was only slower than the Panther. Its weight to power ratio though was lacking in terms of agility of movement. But I like his breakdown of best per year(s) and also tanker vs commanders choice..good stuff!! I have the kindle version so the plates must be awesome to look at! Enjoy

Return to “Reference Books”