Das Reich Tiger

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
SCHWEREPANZER
Sergeant

Das Reich Tiger

Post by SCHWEREPANZER »

I wish I could attribute credit to the careful builder of this Tiger which I acquired a few months back. And I would if I could as I think he put quite a bit of thought into this build. If the builder is a member of this forum, hopefully he'll step forward and give us the lowdown on his build. I am the second owner of the tank, but I know that the first owner thought enough of it that he wanted to personally deliver the beast to Master Modeler Gary Farrow in Essex, UK (and who has built or re-built several tanks for me) to ensure it got safely to him for transshipment to me here in the States. This is a highly modified Heng Long Tiger with the turret properly re-positioned and quite a bit of scratch built works added. I really like this monster. Thought I'd post some (over-exposed) pictures to add to the Tiger archives of our site. Hope you like it.

sassgrunt
Sergeant

Re: Das Reich Tiger

Post by sassgrunt »

Schwerepanzer, this is another amazing model you've posted, (I'm still blown away by the StuG IV you showed). Mr. Farrow does some museum-quality work, and you're lucky to be able to own some of it. Thank you for posting photos of your Tiger; I'm certain they will serve as references for other people's builds!
tao
Staff Sergeant

Post by tao »

Amazing detail! Great work. Where do the figures come from?
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Really nicely done, just the right amount of battle weariness, and as always, good figures add that touch of realism. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

There is quite simply nothing I do not like about this Tiger........................other than I dont own it
Sen- F'n- Sational :clap: :clap:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
greengiant
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by greengiant »

What an excellent looking Tiger. Wish it was mine.
SCHWEREPANZER
Sergeant

Post by SCHWEREPANZER »

Thanks to all for the kind comments on the Tiger. I do hope that the modeler who built this fine beast will recognize it and come forward to tell us about the build. As to Tao's question on the crew figures, I wish I could provide an answer. Another reason for the builder to come forward! Thanks again.
tiger tiger
Sergeant

Post by tiger tiger »

:thumbup: :thumbup: wow great tiger 1 there , nicely weathered battle weary panzer.

regards stuart
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
Darkas
Private

Post by Darkas »

A real piece of ART!

? :thumbup: ?
? HL Leopard 2a6
? HL 3rd gen 2.4 Ghz RX and TX
? 4.1 PRO steel gearboxes, 380 motors/18.000t
? Metal Tracks, Sprocket-, Idler- and Road wheels