Bristol Armoured Division

For discussion of new and existing clubs, organisation of meets and other similar topics. Please use this board for discussion, the Clubs around the world board is for listings only.
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: Bristol Armoured Division

Post by wibblywobbly »

big joe wrote:Again not mentioned :/ but would a DBC3 run tank be allowed within your rules?
Sorry missed your post, are you in the area? Yes, a DBC is industry standard, and is compatible with any of the other systems.

Rob
Last edited by wibblywobbly on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
wibblywobbly
Major

Bristol Armoured Division

Post by wibblywobbly »

Ok, Spring will soon be here, and I am thinking that it might be an idea to start thinking about meeting up somewhere so that we can all discuss where we want to go with a tank group.

I guess that the preferred location will be down to finding somewhere central for all of us? I have thought about the Hilltops cafe at Bridgewater for an initial discussion, but have no idea if that would suit the majority, just somewhere that we can take tanks along to (wouldn't be able to run them in there), have a natter, and discuss what we want to do.

How many could get there on either a Saturday or Sunday around March/April time? If anyone has a better suggestion please let us all know. :wave:

Cheers

Rob
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Bogeyman
Corporal

Post by Bogeyman »

Rob,

i will be there whenever it is arranged or wherever the venue is, i have still loads to do on my Tiger 1, but it will have IUB2 pro, and Vampire IR , we are really local so we cold meet up anytime, i could do with picking your brains, Ian (Tankbear) says you kow your stuff, Taigen recoil wiring i think i have 90% figured out but i hate to guess, drop me a pm anytime we could meet up i think we are literally a few miles apart.

Cant wait for the Battles to begin!!!!

Bring it on!

John

Post edited to comply with forum rules
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Hi John

Tankbear is far too kind, lol. I guess I know a fair bit about the electrics. In this hobby it becomes almost a way of life to figure out how that side of things work.

I can meet up pretty much anytime, and we can sort something out. I will also let you know about. lol.

Cheers

Rob

post edited to comply with forum rules
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
TKcommander
Corporal

Post by TKcommander »

I was wondering if this could be a potential venue......

http://www.downendfolkhouse.org.uk/html/contact_us.html

Bristol wargaming society uses them.

I have been busy buying up mini Christmas trees for the battlefield!!! :D
TKcommander ~ Andy
"I'm a BAD LAD!"
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

It looks good, any idea what they charge?

I guess it will depend on travelling distance for some, so if anyone has any comments please post them.

Cheers

Rob

post edited to comply with forum rules
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
TKcommander
Corporal

Post by TKcommander »

wibblywobbly wrote:It looks good, any idea what they charge?
I am not sure on their charging arrangements, may need to become members of their community to hire so thought it best to leave to a Bristolian to find out more. May be more approchable. ;)
TKcommander ~ Andy
"I'm a BAD LAD!"
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Thanks for all of the PM's and phone calls. It looks like the problem has been resolved. :thumbup:

Rob
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Rob Nice to see another club getting up and running , If you hold it on a Sunday (as long as its not the 3rd sunday of the month Hyde meetings) I hope to attend the first meeting as well to give you a helping hand and boost the numbers maybe me and Gary could share a car to save on fuel, if we use mine might have room for another member from Hyde along with tanks and other bits needed.

regards pete
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

wibblywobbly wrote:Thanks for all of the PM's and chat via the secure comms. It looks like the problem has been resolved. :thumbup:

Rob
What is meant by secure comms , are you implying that this forum is unsafe ?

Regards. The moderation team

Return to “Club Discussion”