Our D Day in Normandy...

Any events that you have been to or want to tell about? If so post them here. Clubs and RC Organisations can advertise there upcoming events here.
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Re: Our D Day in Normandy...

Post by FredtheFrench »

Saracen wrote:I was there on the 6th. The rockets fired from the bunkers, which exploded on the surface of the lake were very spectacular :clap: :clap:

I wondered whether the LCVP which sank in the middle of the lake was planned or a bit of transmitter finger trouble.

I hope the they managed to find and recover it 8O

Adrian.

The sunk lcvp was an accident. If I remember, it was because a problem with the front door. The cable was broken and water comes inside. The weight of water+ a dozen of figures sank the lcvp...

You can see the pictures when we search the lcvp. I am in the "boat" and Gilles in the lake to search his lcvp.
Sorry for my spelling mistakes, I try to do better every day...
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I see you are in Rennes?? I l moved to Treffieux, La Mulnais, close to Chateaubriant during 2010/2011. I had all of my tanks and a boat with me. :(

If I had known that there were people in the area I would have made contact, the house is now sold , and I moved back to the UK.

Rob
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Post by FredtheFrench »

This is unfortunate. If one day you come back for holidays, don't hesitate to stop here. :thumbup:
Sorry for my spelling mistakes, I try to do better every day...

Return to “Events / Days out”