Grantham Light Armoured Division Discussion

For discussion of new and existing clubs, organisation of meets and other similar topics. Please use this board for discussion, the Clubs around the world board is for listings only.
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Grantham Light Armoured Division Discussion

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi All
My Names Denzil (Hawkeye3guns on Forum).
I am looking to form a RC Tank Club Based in the Grantham, Lincolnshire, UK. I have had past exsperiance in running a RC model club (28 years as a member and secretary of a Model Boat club).
I have got enquirys in to 2 local Social halls in grantham that have a open floor space of 10m wide x 15m long and then have tables around the outside. Both halls have a bar and kitchen and are availible to hire as an extra for a small price.
The idea is to hire a hall on the first Sunday of each month for a meet and / or battle.
At present I am looking at a cost of opproxiamate £50 -£60 hire price each month. Thats from 09.00am till 16.00pm.
We would also need a public liability Issurance in order to cover ourselves against any mishaps if we was to hold displays or damage to property,personnel.
If enough people/Tankers are intrested, I would envisage a small annual membership fee ( to cover Issurance costs and admin) this could be as low as a £5.00 (depends on Issurance cost) also I can canvas our local model shops and quite often if you are a member of a local club if you produce a membership card they will give discount).
The Idea would then be to charge a fee on the meeting day in order to cover the hall hiring. As an example ,Hall = £60 to hire so if 12 people attended then it would be a £5 each. for the day.
Grantham is just off the A1 (about 1mile) and easily accessible from both the south or north.
So my question is are there enough people out there in the surrounding areas that are intrested in forming a local club.
You can contact me through this forum (if allowed by the admin I'm not sure of the rules) or ring me on my mobile 07939815063 or E-mail denzil@ison57.freeserve.co.uk, and I will start a list of intrested people to see if we can move forward on this.
regards Denzil
opp's you said get off the road
Tankbear
Lieutenant

Re: Forming a East Midlands RC Tank Club ?

Post by Tankbear »

Hi Denzil,

I be interested in coming, I probably can’t come every month as already go to MAD every month. I also setup the MAD website which is free, so if you want I can copy it and give you or others admin rights to change, add pictures, etc. which should help spread the word. Also Facebook is a good tool for getting audience to the club. And You Tube if you add info at end of the video, and I know you’ve got some great tanks.

Ian.
www.mad-tanks.weebly.com
www.rctankelectronics.com
www.rc-truck.weebly.com
www.rc-boat.weebly.com
KTRob
Lance Corporal

Post by KTRob »

I'd be interested, Grantham is only about 70 miles from me.
You can never have too many tanks...... :D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

May I wish you good luck with your venture, let's hope that a few more around the country take the plunge and get clubs going, it will be the best thing that happened to this hobby. :thumbup:

RobG
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

I could be intrested but again depending on dates and work as it works with the MAD meets that I'm always on shift when they are on
Torro King Tiger , Torro KV-2 , Torro M-16 half track , 2xTaigen Tigers
HL King Tiger , HL KV-1 , HL Tiger , HL Bulldog , HL Pershing , HL Sherman
tankman

Post by tankman »

Go for it, its a great way of growing the hobby by attracting new people into the wonderfull world of RC tanks. Your experience of running a model boat club will stand you in good stead while things get off the ground.
Good luck and I hope it all goes well for you and your new club in 2015.
Tankman
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi all
As an update I have a local Social club (Great Goneby Social Club) that is intrested in hiring out their hall on the first sunday of each month it has both a bar and a kitchen that we can negotiate a price for (at the moment they are talking of about £50 for the day to cover heating and lighting (thats from 09.30am till 16.30pm). The hall has approximately a free floor area of 10m wide x 15m long and then has seating and tables around the outside and a carpark for about 50 cars. It has easy access being on the main road into grantham straight off the A1 (about 1 mile from A1). At one time the local RC car club use to hire the hall for indoor racing. so if its big enough for that I think it should be big enough for a tank battle area.
I have approuch the club and talked but not committed anything in writing untill I can get some idea of peoples responce to find out if the club would be a viable going concern.
regards Denzil
opp's you said get off the road
Merlin707
Corporal

Post by Merlin707 »

Hi Denzil, hopefully we will be able to drum up enough interest and get us folks on this side of the country a good club to run our tanks with like minded individuals who enjoy this hobby.
Razor 1, Intercept Bogies Angels 2 5, Cleared Hot Engage, Fox 2 Fox 2

Semper In Faecibus Sumus Sole Profundum Variat

HL/Tamiya Sherman - Bulldog Turreted
Taigen Tiki Tiger 1
Torro KingTiger
E-25 Tank Destroyer
jaw7620
Private

Post by jaw7620 »

I would come over as I am only in Derby so not far at all,however my tanks are not battlers only have the airsoft versions
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Greetings Gents.... Most of you know there is no way I could join one of your clubs....so as an outsider...since this club is just a concept...to find a center of balance...and perhaps provide a "friendlier" foundation...find the type of tanks people would be running most.... it would be an assumption ..that many will have either Heng longs or Taigens...perhaps some Torros.... I think both the Torros and Taigens are IR compatible ....so just as a suggestion to consider....run individual battles...this would mean HLs battle HLs.... Torros and Taigens battle Torros and Taigens....you could even incorporate BB battles...by making a small investment in a chrono...that way you could assure there is no modification to the gun mech....have the tanks wear some kind of cut out ...the cut out is to be shot off...once it is shot off the tank is dead until the owner replaces it

Remember this is just a suggestion...to me it opens the doors for the recruitment of a more diverse community of RC tankers...ranging from Novice to Pro ...also allowing for a relatively even battle plain ;)

ALPHA

Return to “Club Discussion”