Bristol Armoured Division

For discussion of new and existing clubs, organisation of meets and other similar topics. Please use this board for discussion, the Clubs around the world board is for listings only.
Bogeyman
Corporal

https://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1438

Post by Bogeyman »

Love it RobG,

Can't wait, looking forward to it, if I hear of any suitable places I will let you know, how many are interested now?

John
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: Bristol Armoured Division

Post by wibblywobbly »

Hi John,

Thanks for posting an interest.

Well three definate, and maybe two others? The best I can do is post the group here and see how many show an interest.

If anyone else is out there that would be interested, just post a message, the more the merrier.

Cheers

RobG
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
The Tank Man
Staff Sergeant

Post by The Tank Man »

When a date for the meet is finalized i will come to the meet plus bring trees and buildings for use to hide behind ! :thumbup:
I love the smell of napalm in the morning!
TKcommander
Corporal

Post by TKcommander »

I will actively be supporting this.

Well done Rob, first steps......
TKcommander ~ Andy
"I'm a BAD LAD!"
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

Me too Rob

Can i join in !

Iain from highbridge ..somerset
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

@Tank Man... we will be ready for you, the B.A.D forces will stand ready to repel any futile attack from the rufty tufty Northerners. :haha:

Just to say that that if anyone wants to join the Bristol Armoured Division, then all that you need to do is log your interest here. If you want to use the avatar above to show that you are a member, then just left click on it, save it, and then go into your profile settings and select it as your avatar. All totally free. No permisson required.

If I can get hold of my hard to get hold of brother, he may have a factory car park that we can use on a Sunday. At this moment in time I don't have a clue whether the compound is locked on weekends, or whether trucks etc are parked in there, but it may be worth a try?

Cheers

RobG
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Bogeyman
Corporal

Post by Bogeyman »

Rob,

avatar saved, now being used to attract interest and any new members, this might sound like a stupid question so here goes, being still what I would call myself a newbie to tank battles, would any future tank battles be fought between BB firing tanks or the electronic battle systems, if its the latter what system should we agree on ? TBU or HBU or is there something else out there, I am assuming they are not compatible with each other, let me know what everyone's thoughts are.

None of my tanks currently have a battle system installed, so this is another reason why I would like to know which system to purchase and get it ready for the Armageddon commences.

John
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

A quick answer to the question, and its not daft at all, as others may be wondering the same.

Tank battles are IR based, and any of the following systems will be compatible. Your choice depends on your budget. They all share the same IR standard, the cost difference is down to what else the board does. They are all easy to install, I have used them all except the IBU though many others have them without problems.

Clark (requires a small amount of soldering wires)
http://www.clark-model.com/eng/index_e.html

IBU (Plug and Play directly into HL)
http://rctankelectronics.weebly.com/products.html

Elmod (requires small amount of soldering)
https://ssl-id.de/www.elmod.eu/index.ph ... ic6kiprb52

Plus a T34 that I did years ago with Elmod

Tamiya (requires a bit of work to fit into an HL tank)
Loads of these on You Tube, best source is Ebay

There is one other system that I have used, and that is the SLU, It was a Chnese copy of the Tamiya but with more functionality. It had awesome sounds, but a less than perfect IR.

The BB option is not used as BB's would end up everywhere, and as we would be using an outdoor area or a hall, we would spend forever and a day cleaning up afterwards.

The Heng Long IR isn't compatible with anything else, something that HL didn't think of unfortunately, if they had we would all have IR tanks for pennies?

I have loads of videos of tanks that I have built and when I get the chance I will copy them to YT and post the links up.

Cheers

RobG
Last edited by wibblywobbly on Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
big joe
Recruit

Post by big joe »

Again not mentioned :/ but would a DBC3 run tank be allowed within your rules?
Bogeyman
Corporal

Post by Bogeyman »

Rob,

I only have 3 tanks in total, one has HL 2.4 GHz RX18, one has Clark's TK22, the third one I am building completely from scratch, so doesn't have anything at the moment, but I do fancy putting the IBU Pro2, complete with amplifier board to get the 2 channel sound into it, lots to do through the winter.

John

Return to “Club Discussion”