UK Local Clubs

For discussion of new and existing clubs, organisation of meets and other similar topics. Please use this board for discussion, the Clubs around the world board is for listings only.
Bogeyman
Corporal

Re: UK Local Clubs

Post by Bogeyman »

Thanks RobG,

Will look forward to a local meet, let's keep in touch, cant wait, it will be great to talk tanks learn new ideas for mods etc, and of course do some tanking.

John
TKcommander
Corporal

Post by TKcommander »

Yes very keen to meet Bristol/Somerset. You guys are about an hour away from me.
TKcommander ~ Andy
"I'm a BAD LAD!"
Merlin707
Corporal

Post by Merlin707 »

I'm from Lincoln in Lincolnshire, not aware of any RC a Tank clubs in the area but we have a fair few RC aircraft clubs.
Razor 1, Intercept Bogies Angels 2 5, Cleared Hot Engage, Fox 2 Fox 2

Semper In Faecibus Sumus Sole Profundum Variat

HL/Tamiya Sherman - Bulldog Turreted
Taigen Tiki Tiger 1
Torro KingTiger
E-25 Tank Destroyer
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Rob who started this post lives not to far from the Bristol area , send him a P.M.

regards pete

hawkeye3guns lives in Newark which is very close to Lincoln
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi merlin
I live in Grantham just down the road from you. I'm actively looking into setting up a RC tank club and at the moment looking at some local social halls to get costing of hiring / free use ? for a regular meet once a month. My no is (01476) 570817 if you want to chat. I know there is RC tankers in this area, ie. newark, spalding, nottingham, boston which are all in a 30 mile radius. so if I can put together enough people it should be possible to set up a club. I had 28 years as chairman/secretary of a local model boat club so I'm quite used to the needs of organisation and running of a club.
Just need to find out if enough people are intrested.
regards Denzil
opp's you said get off the road
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

hope you can achieve your aim old chap ..you never know .if you do succeed then you may have to lock your door and put the shutters up and lock me out .....wot wot ....
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi If you manage to get a few guys together around the Lincoln area ,try and look for old R.A.F.Camps Like Swinderby ,MOD land has to made free use for members of the public ,usually you will find that the runways are used by model aircraft .

regards pete
Merlin707
Corporal

Post by Merlin707 »

Hi 971wright, I'm in the RAF and live not too far away from swinderby, it is now private land and you are not allowed RC vehicles on it as a previous A/C RC club got shut down that operated from there.

A lot of RAF camps offer part of the taxi ways for use of RC A/C but that seems to only be allowed on Sunday's and for RC A/C only.

You will also find that a lot if not all MOD land is now becoming tighter with letting civilians access due to the ever growing security and terror threats.
Razor 1, Intercept Bogies Angels 2 5, Cleared Hot Engage, Fox 2 Fox 2

Semper In Faecibus Sumus Sole Profundum Variat

HL/Tamiya Sherman - Bulldog Turreted
Taigen Tiki Tiger 1
Torro KingTiger
E-25 Tank Destroyer
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi But if your in the right place at the right time ,you can buy a R.A.F. base for £1 . R.A.F. Machrihanish sold for a pound not long ago http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-18222334 . It has the longest runway in Scotland , Spent 2 years there one Year at St.Athan and three years at Thorney Island.
It wasn't that long ago people were encouraged to use moth balled MOD bases to keep them ticking over.

regards pete
jaw7620
Private

Post by jaw7620 »

Ha remember going up to Machrihanish from Hereford in 76 for survival training what a drag in an old(well newish then) mod Bedford bus 14 hr trip on the thing

Return to “Club Discussion”