Images of War Tiger 1 & Tiger II

Please post useful reference books that you may have here. Please give a short description with each link.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Images of War Tiger 1 & Tiger II

Post by PainlessWolf »

Was out today at Barnes and Noble to pick up the new 'Classic Military Vehicle' and ran across this. Since I have a Tiger 1 kit to do and an eventual Tiger II redo, it seemed like a good idea. Excellent reference pics including some I had not run across yet.
regards,
Painless
Attachments
Tiger 1 & Tiger II Images of War
Tiger 1 & Tiger II Images of War
...Here for the Dawn...
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Images of War Tiger 1 & Tiger II

Post by MichaelC »

Hey Painless, I saw a whole series of these at a local hobby show last week. Is this new ? I have never seen them before and was also tempted with this one which looks excellent.

MichaelC.
Red Devils
Staff Sergeant

Post by Red Devils »

Hey Painless,

Are there any good ref pics of both types of Tigers that the 507th sPzAbt were using?

Derek
The Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry
First in the Field - Since 1914.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Evening,
Michael, the photography is excellent and crisp. This is the first of this series that I had taken serious notice of due to the reasons I listed. It should read well. Derek!, Hallo! There are pictures of some of the heavy armor you are looking for in the later chapters but they are not noted as such. I saw them due to the tank and unit markings in the photos. They mention the General Rose incident briefly as it is WWII legend now.
regards,
Painless

P.S. I did find this online that might be useful: http://weaponsandwarfare.com/?p=2156
...Here for the Dawn...
billpe
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by billpe »

I've got that book as well. It has a few mistakes in it which are obvious so it makes me question a few of the other facts but it's nice for purely photo reference.

For instance it makes up the the term Ardennes Ambush scheme, which in fact is the generic hinterhalt scheme. It also makes up it's own names for colours.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Billpe,
Thanks for the heads up on the text, I'll keep an eye out for more. The photos will be the most use to me. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Reference Books”