my newly acquired Bismarck

If you have any non-RC warships that you would like to show, post them here!
Earwig
Lance Corporal

Re: my newly acquired Bismarck

Post by Earwig »

the deck is planked with over 1500 planks 2mm x 0.5mm...
Attachments
closeup 003.JPG
"Come"...and i will show you...where the Iron Crosses Grow!!
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

She must draw a lot of attention when under power... beautiful work... :thumbup:

ALPHA
Earwig
Lance Corporal

Post by Earwig »

She does draw attention...but usually for all the wrong reasons...you,d be amazed at how many people still find the swasika..offensive...even on a model boat...or tank for that matter,..they only think one thing....Nazi....i was at the pond recently, and one old gentleman admired it...but..another old man...asked me if I was a Neo-Nazi....I lifted off my woolly hat,looked at it...and said to him....does this look like a Nazi Helmet....to which he replied....that symbol killed millions of my countrymen....and before i could reply...the other gentleman said.."No you,re wrong there"....it was the Germans that killed your countrymen...i had to hold back a laugh.....but..the revulsion that these symbols hold..is still out there
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

May I ask what she set you back? I would love something like this at some point. Upto now I've only built civilian water craft (and my akula nuke sub but she doesn't count!)
Earwig
Lance Corporal

Post by Earwig »

Hi Tom,i bought her,almost finished...approx 80/90%....she was in the condition you see,...and i paid £300..to date i,ve had to buy 3 x 43mm cast bronze props...got them at a great price..£39inc postage,..then i was £95 for...8 x anti-aircraft turrets,14 x ships boats 2 x Arado 196 Floatplanes,..16 x 37mm cannon ..4 x 20mm oerlikons,...and 40 10mm x 10mm square carly floats,...and that,ll be her finished,....so for a total of £434....i,ve got a wonderful looking model, that is almost half the kit price..before building....i know where there is another one that will be coming up for sale...it will be RTR...
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi About the swastika ,the Germans pinched it. Its also used in the ruins and by the other religions you can see it on Sikh Temple doors, it has been used for hundreds of years. But its only remembered for the being the Nazi symbol

see link here http://isearch.avg.com/images?q=sikh+te ... &sap_acp=1

regards pete
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Might be interested earwig, keep me posted!
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Earwig wrote:She does draw attention...but usually for all the wrong reasons...you,d be amazed at how many people still find the swasika..offensive...even on a model boat...or tank for that matter,..they only think one thing....Nazi....i was at the pond recently, and one old gentleman admired it...but..another old man...asked me if I was a Neo-Nazi....I lifted off my woolly hat,looked at it...and said to him....does this look like a Nazi Helmet....to which he replied....that symbol killed millions of my countrymen....and before i could reply...the other gentleman said.."No you,re wrong there"....it was the Germans that killed your countrymen...i had to hold back a laugh.....but..the revulsion that these symbols hold..is still out there
I hear you Earwig...I've met a lot of people who felt the same way.. and said similar things as the last old man has said ..... I used to part time at a little place here in Hawaii...we carried replicas.. the owner had so many complaints about the swasika mark.. he pulled everything from the case...the only thing that stayed out were ninja throwing stars which had the shape... I just turned those around and said they were buddist symbols :D

It was the same with the Ak47 airsoft gun...had one guy who denied his son getting one ... because "that gun" is responsible for so many deaths... :crazy: ...I told him.. the real gun is actually an excellent weapon...and it isn't the gun that killed...it's the person who held it ...anyway.. it was evident he had a hard line of thinking... and just went on to say if the son got one ..he wouldn't be allowed to bring it in the house

It surprises me how ignorance and prejudice is so alive and thriving :crazy:

ALPHA
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Alpha whilst listening to my laughing lavatory i was thinking about your comment reference the AK47, the reason it is so reliable and almost never jams is because of the second rate build quality and low tolerance in design. trust me it will fire after being immersed in a river just don't expect to hit anything, probably the most inaccurate of all the small arms I have ever fired, One of the most accurate was the H&K 4/5 and the most stable gun platform although the slowest rate of fire was the Thomson 45 auto (TOMMY GUN) but my favourite is the UZI, the Sterling was a vast improvement over the Sten but outclassed by every automatic rifle and sub machine gun of its generation, if you want to be frightened by an smg try the American Grease gun that will do it every time. I nearly fired a Shmeisser once but I was told that we could not use the auto function as their were no spares available so I did'nt bother, easily the best platoon rifle is or was the AR 16 very smooth and very reliable. A bit like most of the American soldiers I have been delighted to serve with. shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jarndice wrote:Alpha whilst listening to my laughing lavatory i was thinking about your comment reference the AK47, the reason it is so reliable and almost never jams is because of the second rate build quality and low tolerance in design. trust me it will fire after being immersed in a river just don't expect to hit anything, probably the most inaccurate of all the small arms I have ever fired, One of the most accurate was the H&K 4/5 and the most stable gun platform although the slowest rate of fire was the Thomson 45 auto (TOMMY GUN) but my favourite is the UZI, the Sterling was a vast improvement over the Sten but outclassed by every automatic rifle and sub machine gun of its generation, if you want to be frightened by an smg try the American Grease gun that will do it every time. I nearly fired a Shmeisser once but I was told that we could not use the auto function as their were no spares available so I did'nt bother, easily the best platoon rifle is or was the AR 16 very smooth and very reliable. A bit like most of the American soldiers I have been delighted to serve with. shaun
Yes indeed Shaun... when I was in the corps I got to fire a number of old and new weapons... I agree with you on the AR ... I did also like her majesty's gun the L85 but it was a little harsh on the Ears(most bullpups are )...liked the P90 for it's rate of fire..and dump system... just didn't like the stopping power...found it interesting in video game play they mock it up as something really special... heck.. to me..if I brought a guy down with it..and he had an AK I'd grab the AK lol..though not as precise...if the bullet did hit it's mark the guy is down... to where a P90 would take a quarter of a mag :lolno:
Of the old platforms I really could get behind the old M14 carbine...just because of the range and stability ...thompsons pull.. m3s as you say just kick your rear end... fun gun though...what I liked about it was the caliber and simplicity ..schmeizers are nice too...but the caliber is too small for my liking
but enough about guns lol

this is a Rc tankery board :haha:

Coup de gras Shaun ;) ... :D

ALPHA

Return to “Warships”