PRAVDA's Blizzard Buster "GIGANT"

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
cannedheat

Re: PRAVDA's Blizzard Buster "GIGANT"

Post by cannedheat »

insane-asylum.jpg
this is not fare why are you doing this, do you not realise that you are sowing seeds of destruction to the mind, look what you have done to me......AGAIN.....
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, CH,
It's only going to get worse...
warm regards,
Painless
Attachments
It begins...
It begins...
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Morning, CH,
It's only going to get worse...
warm regards,
Painless
SADIST ! 8O just kidding Painless :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

cannedheat wrote:
insane-asylum.jpg
this is not fare why are you doing this, do you not realise that you are sowing seeds of destruction to the mind, look what you have done to me......AGAIN.....
Just to ease that mind a little canned... it's back to the drawing board... apparently when I first installed all the gadgets in the turret .. the one thing I left out was something to secure the gun mechanism .... well I did that last night.. once tightened ... I found I need to move everything back a half an inch :crazy:

I guess it's just part of using Static tank parts... it's like you have to design it to work...now I'm thinking I should have got the TORRO turret ... just so I wouldn't have to think so much

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Alpha,
You've done great work on this one already. Your thinking seems to be right on the money. Don't forget to take that applique armor off of your KV hull there on the sides. It was added to the KV-1 up armored edition which came out after the KV-2 production stopped. *looks again* I dunno, it certainly looks good there with the bolt heads on it. Second thought, might want to leave it on. Hey, is that an eroded lava flow across the road from your home there. I noticed it once my eyes were able to look up from that beautiful KV -2.
warm regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Morning, Alpha,
You've done great work on this one already. Your thinking seems to be right on the money. Don't forget to take that applique armor off of your KV hull there on the sides. It was added to the KV-1 up armored edition which came out after the KV-2 production stopped. *looks again* I dunno, it certainly looks good there with the bolt heads on it. Second thought, might want to leave it on. Hey, is that an eroded lava flow across the road from your home there. I noticed it once my eyes were able to look up from that beautiful KV -2.
warm regards,
Painless
Hey Painless... how's your THANKSGIVING progressing ? great I hope :D ....You're right about the armor... if I was doing a semi historical ... I might think of leaving it on... but it isn't present on the GIRLS UND PANZER version so they've got to go
There isn't much to "detailing" according to the anime theme... they are all pretty plain and simple ...which I kind of like in a way ;)

Thing about the KV-2 even in books and search pictures ... she's pretty plain :haha: ..but yes the plate armor will go... and that little tube on the side ... not sure what that's for ... maybe the barrel cleaning gear... is going to be turned into the antenna ...hopefully I can hide the wire well enough lol

The build of the turret .. I feel is at the point of no return... there is a part of me that is saying order the dang TORRO lol...with the other side saying "get her done"...which is probably the better way to go.....as it's curiously part of the fun ;)

Have a great day Painless :thumbup:

ALPHA
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

ALPHA wrote:
palepainter wrote:Awesome, I look forward to following along. My KV1 got here Monday as well. I have been enjoying some battles with my teenage daughter. :) I am really impressed with the HL KV1.
Any way... sounds like you had better luck with yours.... it's pretty cool that your daughter got into it... which tank did you let her use? ... the new one or your panther ?

Have a great Thanksgiving palepainter :thumbup:

ALPHA
Thanks!! It will be tank day with my nephews and father in law. :) Of course I ran my Panther, but that didn't stop my daughter from schooling me a couple of rounds. :problem: Really impressed with the quality of both of these so far. I picked up 3 used Tigers for 100 USD, came with 6 extra batteries and miscellaneous goodies. All 3 are BB version. I will be having some fun this winter.

Your build is looking great. I love all the stuff that is available for these things. It seems you guys over in the UK have a great contingency and resource for all this mayhem. It is catching on over here, but finding things like the resin kits is a hassle.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

palepainter wrote:
ALPHA wrote:
palepainter wrote:Awesome, I look forward to following along. My KV1 got here Monday as well. I have been enjoying some battles with my teenage daughter. :) I am really impressed with the HL KV1.
Any way... sounds like you had better luck with yours.... it's pretty cool that your daughter got into it... which tank did you let her use? ... the new one or your panther ?

Have a great Thanksgiving palepainter :thumbup:

ALPHA
Thanks!! It will be tank day with my nephews and father in law. :) Of course I ran my Panther, but that didn't stop my daughter from schooling me a couple of rounds. :problem: Really impressed with the quality of both of these so far. I picked up 3 used Tigers for 100 USD, came with 6 extra batteries and miscellaneous goodies. All 3 are BB version. I will be having some fun this winter.

Your build is looking great. I love all the stuff that is available for these things. It seems you guys over in the UK have a great contingency and resource for all this mayhem. It is catching on over here, but finding things like the resin kits is a hassle.
Hey there Palepainter
Well if you're modelling the GERMAN machine... yeah there is a bunch of stuff out there... Unfortunately the USSR stuff... not so much as HENG LONG is still pretty young to the market... so add in participation of TAMIYA...(I don't really count TORRO because their version is the GERMAN captured which includes most of the needed bits )... there still isn't a demand for upgrade and mod parts... hopefully that will change soon :D

You got a great deal on those Tigers 30 dollars a piece :O ...awesome ... :thumbup: ...sounds like you will be having some fun this winter
I'm in the US... Honolulu ... not quite recognized by mainlanders as being part of the US :lolno: ...as we are not afforded "free shipping" and left out by many private sellers on EBAY :thumbdown: ...reason I envy modellers like you and Painless...but I guess it's for the best... for if I were on the continent... I might have more tanks than I need lol

Thanks for the complement Palepainter... keeping my fingers crossed on this one...the conversion from static to Rc .. even though it's just the turret... is having it's ups and downs... I just have to take my time and think things out before progressing ;)

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

By the way Palepainter... MATO MART CANADA ... is having a BLACK FRIDAY SALE...
http://www.matomart.com/main.php
So a lot of good stuff... if you need them....20% off... and free ship if you spend enough :haha:

you can curse me later :haha:

As I am silently cursing and thanking the guy who told me :lolno: ... :haha: .... :crazy:

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Evening, Alpha,
I just thought up a possible tip for this issue: "and that little tube on the side ... not sure what that's for ... maybe the barrel cleaning gear... is going to be turned into the antenna ...hopefully I can hide the wire well enough lol" How about this: Drill a wire sized hole in the hull closest to where the tube sits. Drill a wire sized hole in the bottom of the tube (to also see if it is hollow) If hollow, carefully trim off the end of the tube. Run antenna gauge wire from the receiver out of the hull hole into the hole in the tube and spool it around a plastic or wood toothpick until you have enough for good coverage of signal then insert it into the tube and glue the end piece back on. Presto!, an almost invisible external antenna.
warm regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Heng Long Builds”