Red Orchestra 2 (tanks)

Any tank related games you want to share with us? Maybe if you can play it online, you could organise an online battle!
MarkofZollo
Corporal

Red Orchestra 2 (tanks)

Post by MarkofZollo »

Just seen this video on gametrailers, the tank stuff looks so good! Skip to 4:10 ish on vid;
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-1 ... tra/711635" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers, Dave
There is always a fifth Sherman
GeorgeK
Recruit

Re: Red Orchestra 2 (tanks)

Post by GeorgeK »

Tank scenes are looking good!
Gunshy
Lance Corporal

Post by Gunshy »

The infantry stuff so far seems to have countdown timers, radar and next objective cues.
Blindfiring/ cover looks good.
All this in a game that claim WW2 "accuracy".
Mind you the "accuracy" in RO consisted of firing a mag of bursts at people 30 yards away and missing. Or a sherman destroying a Tiger from the other side of the map with one shot. :D
Seems very mainstream.
Wheres the Medic and the Spy?
;D
MarkofZollo
Corporal

Post by MarkofZollo »

Some games are a bit like that, have you seen Forgotten Hope 2? http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/main ... sh&module=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A very pleasing game but with errors none the less, mainly due to limitations of the Battlefield 2 engine, e.g pointing a rifle perfectly at enemy two feet away and the shot missing by loads, or a Sherman taking out a Panther at 5 degrees to front because a hit to the side armour from any angle counts the same as a 90 degree hit!!
Im hopefull for RO 2 because its been built from the ground up by a mod team, rather than a modded mainstream game.
Gunshy
Lance Corporal

Post by Gunshy »

I'll need to try FH2, not heard of it.
I'm sure Red Orchestra 2 will be good. Visually it looks brilliant.
I just hope they don't make it too much like Call of Duty, as you say it's the small development team charm that gives RO it's character.
Gunshy
Lance Corporal

Post by Gunshy »

You can get the original for about £5
nickmow
Lance Corporal

Post by nickmow »

Anybody else got this ? I think it's. Really good. Tanks are limited but well done, if they expand the tank aspect it will be awesome
MarkofZollo
Corporal

Post by MarkofZollo »

Forgot about this thread! Yeah the tanks are brilliant internally with the full crew, not bad externally, likely to have future expansions hopefully with more tanks.
I have to say the game was buggy on release but the dev team have worked like well to get it perfect unlike a lot of other companies! :thumbup:
Power hungry game too, could run on medium on my old quad-core with 8GBs of ddr2 ram and a gtx470 but not much higher, my new i7 2600k with ddr3 ram and the same gtx470 runs it sweet though..... 8|
nickmow
Lance Corporal

Post by nickmow »

Dave what's yer steam name ? Look out for gibson097. :-)
MarkofZollo
Corporal

Post by MarkofZollo »

Wow, does that mean I can finally add someone to my friends list on an online game? :O :D
My name is same as on here, but I am annoyed they wiped all the stats! I guess they had reasons but it sucks!
Not sure when I will go online on it, especially as Battlefield 3 is so intense!!
Cheers

Return to “Games”