World of Tanks new update...interesting restrictions

Any tank related games you want to share with us? Maybe if you can play it online, you could organise an online battle!
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

World of Tanks new update...interesting restrictions

Post by foxtrotraptor »

So the new World of Tanks update was released. With this update you can finally customize your tank crew including changing the Tank commanders face, name, Gender (Male, Female) as well the language spoken by the crew which is awesome, finally some german voices for german tanks and so on with all the other countrys. One thing I noticed while customizing my crew was when I was changing the name....I wanted to name my Commander Michael Mittmann, upon doing so I got a warning saying that the name chosen was either an inappropriate word or restricted. Just thought that was interesting. Im guessing because he was part of the SS? Also after reading on some game forums I found out that ealier maybe years ago when the game first came out, their medal system where you could earn medals named after various Tanks aces from all countrys for accomplishing certain goals in the game. One of them was named after Michael Wittmann. Not sure how long after but apparently complaints rolled in and the developers eventually removed Michael Wittmanns name from the game and medal list, and now it seems you cant even name your commander that. I guess thats the polital correct world we live in now? Everyone is offended by everyhing :crazy: :/ ....anyways I just thought id share, have a good evening fellow tankers. :thumbup:
Ideals are peaceful, history is violent.
Vanguard
Lance Corporal

Re: World of Tanks new update...interesting restrictions

Post by Vanguard »

I've just managed to name my Tiger crew M.Wittmann, I do like the language customisation ability, I would like it if the could adjust the game so only tanks from thier era could battle each other. It's a bit unfair when your Tiger or stug is up against armour it wouldn't have ever met in battle.
"A sherman can give you a very nice ...edge"
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Vanguard wrote:I've just managed to name my Tiger crew M.Wittmann, I do like the language customisation ability, I would like it if the could adjust the game so only tanks from thier era could battle each other. It's a bit unfair when your Tiger or stug is up against armour it wouldn't have ever met in battle.
I had to spell his last name Witman to make it work :/ and yes I noticed that, but it seems like they fix some of the balance issues but obviously not all issues. Im screwed either way because im hooked on it. I use to play on PC but made my wrist hurt, now on Xbox One its awesome.
Vanguard
Lance Corporal

Post by Vanguard »

I'm hooked too foxtrotraptor but trying to get a team that works together is tough, I play on xbox one :). It's annoying when you play as a tank destroyer get in a nice spot get 3 kills get beaten by the other side then get a team mate with no kills blame you for camping. It would be nice if you could set the perameters of the battle ie ww2 german v allied, nato v russia and so on, maybe as the game develops. Maybe we should get a forum side together and a evening set up for forum battles :).
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

Vanguard wrote:I'm hooked too foxtrotraptor but trying to get a team that works together is tough, I play on xbox one :). It's annoying when you play as a tank destroyer get in a nice spot get 3 kills get beaten by the other side then get a team mate with no kills blame you for camping. It would be nice if you could set the perameters of the battle ie ww2 german v allied, nato v russia and so on, maybe as the game develops. Maybe we should get a forum side together and a evening set up for forum battles :).

very true, and funny you mention about players complaining. I had one the other day crying to me saying I took his kills away :/
Vanguard
Lance Corporal

Post by Vanguard »

My user name on xbox is RepaidGregors, I've somehow managed to get about forty odd tanks in my garage most are my favourite tanks :)
Vanguard
Lance Corporal

Post by Vanguard »

Oh forgot to say if anyone does add me on xbox can you please send a message so I know who you are thank you :)
dane61
Lance Corporal

Post by dane61 »

My wot name is inappropiate, they have just emailed me. I have been using it for 5 years.
I have also been banned fro chatting for 4 days. Thats a real punishment as i never uses it.
taigen tiger1 late ir
HL sherman 105mm BB
HL Sherman M4A3E4ish.BB
HL JP recoil, traverse.
HL M26 ir
HL KV1 ir
WsnT34 ir
HL KV2ish
HL Tiger1 early
HL Panzer IV, ir
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I used to play it, right from the early beta testing days, but switched to War Thunder, which I also rarely play now. There was a discussion way back about acceptable names, and it is because of the laws in Germany that make any mention of Nazism illegal. Hence things like Hitler, SS, 88 etc are all banned.

I was chatting to German RC tank modellers at a show once, and they told me that they aren't even allowed to put WW2 flags on their model tanks, or any insignia. One of them had taught their infant daughter the words to Panzerlied, him and his wife got called into the school as she started singing it in a class.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
foxtrotraptor
Lance Corporal

Post by foxtrotraptor »

wibblywobbly wrote:I used to play it, right from the early beta testing days, but switched to War Thunder, which I also rarely play now. There was a discussion way back about acceptable names, and it is because of the laws in Germany that make any mention of Nazism illegal. Hence things like Hitler, SS, 88 etc are all banned.

I was chatting to German RC tank modellers at a show once, and they told me that they aren't even allowed to put WW2 flags on their model tanks, or any insignia. One of them had taught their infant daughter the words to Panzerlied, him and his wife got called into the school as she started singing it in a class.

Oh gezzzz, I didnt know it was that bad. :eh: :crazy:

Return to “Games”