Firefight - real time WW2 tank simulation for iPads

Any tank related games you want to share with us? Maybe if you can play it online, you could organise an online battle!
SeanOConnor
Recruit

Firefight - real time WW2 tank simulation for iPads

Post by SeanOConnor »

I've just released a game for iPads and I've attempted to make it the most realistic simulation of tank and infantry warfare yet. The gameplay is similar to the old game Close Combat but tanks use a physics engine so they drive using brake levers, and you can see their rev counters, speedos and gear changes etc..., so they manoeuvre in a much more realistic way. All the ballistics are done in 3D so you get realistic ricochets off sloped surfaces, and the shells themselves can be of different types such as HE, HEAT, APCR, APCBC etc...

It's a free download if you'd like to take a look (but $5 to buy the full scenarios) from:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/firefig ... 14282?mt=8

and here is a screenshot of a column of German armour:
FF screenshot small.png
FF screenshot small.png (253.44 KiB) Viewed 2274 times
Please let me know what you think!
SeanOConnor
Recruit

Re: Firefight - real time WW2 tank simulation for iPads

Post by SeanOConnor »

I've finally got the next 2 new maps (Bléneau railway station and Remilly town) up on the AppStore. They're both in-app purchases but you can give them a test for free using:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/firefig ... 14282?mt=8
SeanOConnor
Recruit

Post by SeanOConnor »

Version 2.0 is out now on the AppStore and it can run on iPhones and iPod Touches as well as iPads now. I've also added some new features like showing hill contours when you zoom out, and there are now 6 maps available with number 7 in the pipeline!
Merlin707
Corporal

Post by Merlin707 »

Hi Sean,

Thanks for letting us know about this new tank game you've created.

Just a small gripe though, you may get more interest if you took more interest in the hobby and this forum before trying to tote for business because it doesn't come across like you are.

You've only got 3 posts and they make up this thread!
Razor 1, Intercept Bogies Angels 2 5, Cleared Hot Engage, Fox 2 Fox 2

Semper In Faecibus Sumus Sole Profundum Variat

HL/Tamiya Sherman - Bulldog Turreted
Taigen Tiki Tiger 1
Torro KingTiger
E-25 Tank Destroyer

Return to “Games”