War Thunder

Any tank related games you want to share with us? Maybe if you can play it online, you could organise an online battle!
SovereignZuul
Corporal

War Thunder

Post by SovereignZuul »

War Thunder
http://warthunder.com/en/

A free to play game with bonuses for subscription, similar to the World of Tanks business model.
The game currently features air combat, but ground and naval combat are to be introduced. Ground combat is anticipated soon.
The game feature late model biplanes to Korean era jet fighters and everything in between. Players can fly virtually all major combat aircraft from these era's, even B-17 bombers. There are three game modes, arcade, semi-realistic, and full simulator modes. Players can bomb enemy bases, attack infantry, vehicles, tanks, ships. The maps are large enough for good pacing, spanning many kilometers. Game mechanics are complex enough even in arcade so tactics are useful. It's very easy to get into, even the mouse flight is rewarding. Full real for players with TrackIR, joysticks and other peripherals is great. Fly German, Russian, US, Japanese, British, and Italian planes.

Screenshots:

Screenshots of the upcoming ground forces. Players can control tanks and other armored vehicles are expected.

Current in game model of a battleship.

doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Re: War Thunder

Post by doc larsson »

I'm currently level12 flying a mk ix spitfire. was on playing last night at level 17 and just met my first jet fighter opponents ! an me 262, mig15 nad sabre ! boy those planes can shift.can't wait to shoot one down in me spit. anyone fancy joining me i'm in a clan called seriousless !

great game cant wait for the ground units to appear !
lister fiend
Sergeant

Post by lister fiend »

Great game.
I too have reached the mk ix spit (only at tier 11 though)
I'll check you out soon doc but I'm busy trying to get my free typhoon
Only 331 kills to get 8O
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

whats your tag in game lister ? mine's as on here if you have steam add me as a friend mate
lister fiend
Sergeant

Post by lister fiend »

cool will do m8 :thumbup:
my in game name is lister_fiend
same as world of tanks.
squadron name is -k4k-
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

lister

got the typhoon 1b and must say it's pretty good. better than the 190 dora imho. got enough eagles to buy my meteor but need more xp.

ts65.gameservers.com:9165

join me in ts 3 mate and let's fly. invites to all
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Sup fellas, I'm a bit of a warthunder geek atm, usually playing eu time zone. I'm rank 20 US and have all navy fighters inc the panther. I've also got the shooting star as I like the look of the cannon sabre. I'm rank 18 (nearly 19) for Germans, rank 13 Brits, rank 11 for Russia and Japan. My names tomhugill, feel free to add me and we can get flying!
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Just started playing, level 1 US and Brits so far :)

AdLav is the game name.
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

guys

if you have teamspeak 3 installed then that's my clan ts3 channel. my tag is doc larsson and will be on around 15.00 gmt today if you fancy it.

all welcome
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Hey doc I'll be there, what nation you fancy?

Return to “Games”