War Thunder

Any tank related games you want to share with us? Maybe if you can play it online, you could organise an online battle!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: War Thunder

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

What sort of broadband speeds/ bandwidth do you need to get the best out of this game? It looks addictive. We are at the extreme end of the BT phone network, up here in the far North..and not likely to get super fast (fibre) broadband for another year or two. :thumbdown: ...if then. Promises, promises. On a good day i can get 5-6 megabits, on a bad day I'd do better with two tin cans and a long piece of string. :/
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

43rdRecceReg wrote:What sort of broadband speeds/ bandwidth do you need to get the best out of this game? It looks addictive. We are at the extreme end of the BT phone network, up here in the far North..and not likely to get super fast (fibre) broadband for another year or two. :thumbdown: ...if then. Promises, promises. On a good day i can get 5-6 megabits, on a bad day I'd do better with two tin cans and a long piece of string. :/
Thats should be plenty to play.
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

Tom

i normally play BR 5's in realistic. normally a spit mk 9.

anyone else wanna play the game its better when you have teamspeak. anyone wanna play/learn WT hook up with me here http://singularitygc.enjin.com/home

this is my Clan's teamspeak server and website.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Sounds good, I've been playing my stang which is 4.7 a lot recently, also trying the Germans again hasn't been nice.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I play it on a low broadband speed, don't have fibre optic so it's a max of around 7 download. Never had a problem, use pretty high graphics and everything works just fine. Never spent a penny on playing, have almost 2 million lightbulbs, whatever they are for, :crazy: .
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

wibblywobbly wrote:I play it on a low broadband speed, don't have fibre optic so it's a max of around 7 download. Never had a problem, use pretty high graphics and everything works just fine. Never spent a penny on playing, have almost 2 million lightbulbs, whatever they are for, :crazy: .
Convertible experience, use some gold to add research to any plane you're researching.
Raminator
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Raminator »

I had a crack about eighteen months ago, but there weren't any Australia/Asia Pacific servers so I had to play with Americans at ~400 ping. I got sick of being ammo racked by tanks I couldn't see. :'(
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

The trick is to get the crew training points up, you can increase the view range. If the enemy tank has a longer view, and better rangefinding they will see you and hit you more accurately. Having a lower tier tank with a fully trained crew is often more effective than having a higher tier tank with a crew that has little experience. :thumbup:

It pays to figure out the weak points on tanks. The Tiger is almost a one shot kill through the drivers slit, and the Russian stuff is vulnerable in the lower hull behind the turret. Catching a tank on fire is a great way to render it defenceless while you hit it again, and if they run out of fire extinguishers, or don't have any, they will die pretty quickly. Shermans are quick kills if you can hit them in the sides. You can hit almost any tank smack down the barrel and wreck their gun. :D

It's a toss up between keeping on the move, or finding a good place to set up camp so that the terrain is protecting the hull. There are some hard to find spots on most maps that give you a huge advantage.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Aussie
Corporal

Post by Aussie »

I've not long started playing , have a P3J that has armour made of wet tissue paper.
Currently studying to get my P3L , extra armour has to help , right?
Don't get your panties in a bunch , we still got hand weapons and the fifty!
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Aussie wrote:I've not long started playing , have a P3J that has armour made of wet tissue paper.
Currently studying to get my P3L , extra armour has to help , right?

The best armour is getting in the first shot ;)

Return to “Games”