War Thunder

Any tank related games you want to share with us? Maybe if you can play it online, you could organise an online battle!
lister fiend
Sergeant

Re: War Thunder

Post by lister fiend »

Sorry doc, no can do.
I don't Finnish work till 5:30
& I'm visiting relatives at the mo.
I'm back Tuesday evening
So could do Wednesday around 6ish if you like.
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

adlav you got ts3 ? ill be in channel waiting for "adlav".

lister see you wednesday mate
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I do have ts3 - eventually managed to get on at 8:30 last night.

I have tried searching for your name but it came up empty each time?

I will give it a go this week, if you're on most days I should find you!
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I have just started playing this game, and have to say that it seems to attract a more mature audience than World of Tanks, probably because even in arcade mode, it is far less of a shoot em up than WOT is.

The basics are the same. Start off with basic planes and tanks, earn points, research the next vehicle, and then buy it.

The big differences are the gameplay. You can jump out of the tank, and jump into a bomber to attack the enemy. However, they can jump into fighters to shoot you down. You get dogfights, bombing runs and tank battles all on the same battlefield. Arty is there too. The maps and terrain are a lot more challenging than the WOT ones, and you even get half tracks thrown into the fray. A damaged tank is not repaired in 5 secs like WOT, it takes a looong time, during which you are a sitting duck. If a track is blown off then you can only go in circles. The damage side of things is far more realistic, as is the crew mortality.

The nice thing is that if you have several tanks, and several crews, you can carry on playing, the game will replace the crew if it is killed, when you run out of crew it will load the next tank in your garage, and so on, until you have none left. Same with the planes that you have.

The huge bonus for me is that it runs natively on Linux, and is free to play. I can run this on maximum video quality and everything is silky smooth, the tanks are huge compared to WOT and highly detailed, complete with crew that move. Half wit driving will also roll a tank...as I have discovered... :/

Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

Adlav/Wibbly

this is the add for my website where you will find the link to our ts 3 channel. i'm on everyday 16.00-22.00 hrs usually. am getting right into realistic/sim tank battles now ! almost on my tiger e.

join me if you can ?

http://singularitygc.enjin.com/home

cheers
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

doc larsson wrote:Adlav/Wibbly

this is the add for my website where you will find the link to our ts 3 channel. i'm on everyday 16.00-22.00 hrs usually. am getting right into realistic/sim tank battles now ! almost on my tiger e.

join me if you can ?

http://singularitygc.enjin.com/home

cheers
Never answers my PMs though :(

Wibbly, I used to play this quite a lot, if you fancy joining up one evening I'll fire up the pc
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Been playing armoured warfare a lot now - try it :)
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I am on line quite often as I am trying to grind my way up to something that isn't made of tissue paper, only been playing a couple of days, and still getting shot to bits. lol. Lots to learn about the game mechanics :{

Call sign is Wibbly, so if I am online then look me up. I don't know about anyone else but I occasionally get crashed out, and after rebooting there is no option to re enter the battle.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

I may pop in tonight if I get a chance!
51st highland
Recruit