My List Of Movies With Tanks In

Do you know of any good tank related movies or simple decent war movies? Post them here for all of us to enjoy!
FireflyKeith
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: My List Of Movies With Tanks In

Post by FireflyKeith »

Tony, i managed to get a copy of Wheels Of Terror on dvd, i just need to find time to sit down and watch it now, i also got my hands on the 1970's TV series The World At War, i have never seen this before but ive heard it very good 8)
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

the world at war is that the one narrated by Laurence Olivier, if it is, it is a very good series
FireflyKeith

Post by FireflyKeith »

Yes thats the one, i have heard nothing but good comments about it, but again i just got to find time to sit and watch all 26 episodes of it now ::)
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

I found the main theme very haunting
they set the bench mark too high when the series was made, it is well edited and the Narration is excellent.

I can recomend another series "Nazi's a warning from history" it is on par with the World at war
Last edited by BREL on Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

Just ordered World at war and Nazi's a warning from history from AmazonUK
FireflyKeith

Post by FireflyKeith »

Just started watching the world at war, i see what you mean about the music, although very appropriate, i have never heard of the Nazi's a warning before so i will have to look out for it  8)
tankmad

Post by tankmad »

Hi Keith a couple of new films out I saw tanks in are defiance their is a Panzer III in a scene near the end and valkyrie it has a couple of panzers at the start but they are not real cardboard cut outs the give away is the width of the tracks look more like tiger tracks.
Stevie
http://www.tankworld.co.uk
This is not an obsession I can give it up anytime
FireflyKeith

Post by FireflyKeith »

Hi Stevie i did see Defience and the panzer III but still not seen Valkyrie yet although i do really want to see it, i did watch the original 1976 Inglorious Bastards last weekend and there are plenty of half tracks and trucks in it but no tanks, this weekend i will be watching Wheels Of Terror as recommended by Tony so will let you all know how that is soon.  ;D
tankmad

Post by tankmad »

Hi Keith another film with a stug in it is beleive it or not Mr Bean on holiday it looks the same copy as band of brothers only in grey. :o
Stevie
http://www.tankworld.co.uk
This is not an obsession I can give it up anytime
FireflyKeith

Post by FireflyKeith »

LOL  ;D  I dont think i can bring myself to watch that even if it does have a stug in it  ;D ;D  I did watch the new Vin Diesel film the other night called "Babylon AD" and there are some good shots of russian tanks driving about and a armoured troop carrier with a really cool interior, im not to clued up on russian armour but maybe somebody that is should watch this film and shed a bit more light on it, the film is pretty good as well  ;D

Return to “Movies”