Does Anybody Know What This Movie Is Called

Do you know of any good tank related movies or simple decent war movies? Post them here for all of us to enjoy!
FireflyKeith
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Does Anybody Know What This Movie Is Called

Post by FireflyKeith »

I watched it a few years ago now but cant remember the name, i think it was set in europe in the 80's or 90's on a army barracks, the main story was about a crooked officer, but the best bit was when they are training in the tanks and one crew gets high and they basically go on a joy ride and drive over some cars and a petrol station, i need to know its driving me mad >:( ???
Last edited by FireflyKeith on Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Does Anybody Know What This Movie Is Called

Post by tiger205 »

i'm 100% sure, but wasnt it wheels of terror, i vaguely remember something similar to what you described in wheels of terror

Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
Crispy
Sergeant

Post by Crispy »

Buffalo Soldiers with Joaquin Phoenix. Set in West Germany before the wall came down and was mostly about his scams to relieve the boredom. The stoned tank crew end up driving through a town and crushing a petrol station if i remember correctly?

Other films I think are good for tank reference are Golden Eye, Kellys Heros, A Bridge Too Far & Saving Private Ryan (yeah i know its not a real Tiger but it looks damn good and was also in Kellys Heros).

There's also the rebuilt Stug and Jagdpanther in Band of Brothers, think it was the Carentan episode, its the one that follows Blyth? Check out the extra's disc and they tell you how they made them.
Last edited by Crispy on Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You aint gettin me on no plane fool!
FireflyKeith
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by FireflyKeith »

"Buffalo Soldiers" thats it, nice one Crispy thats been bugging me for ages ( now to download it) ;D

Return to “Movies”