Tuntematon Sotilas - The Unknown Soldier

Do you know of any good tank related movies or simple decent war movies? Post them here for all of us to enjoy!
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Tuntematon Sotilas - The Unknown Soldier

Post by Estnische »

We've already had a few Finnish movies, including 1944 (Tali Inhantala)

This one is quite good too.

phpBB [video]
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Tuntematon Sotilas - The Unknown Soldier

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I have the 4hr 30min DVD version, Brett. So immersive was it (like many Finnish WW2 productions in my collection), that the discomfort of sitting for so long, went completely unnoticed. :D It's also sold as the 'Unknown Soldier' on Amazon, and I've been known to get caught out by Amazon's renaming strategy (often accompanied by different cover art). Not this time, though. :D
It's a compelling watch.
I bought the (WW1) Latvian offering- 'The Rifleman' (2020) lately on Amazon, and it's also a compelling watch- especially the attack scenes set in the darkened, nighttime forest.
phpBB [video]
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Tuntematon Sotilas - The Unknown Soldier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I watched it today(with a bit of a dusting from yesterdays All Blacks game) on you toob
Thanks for posting it up mate, was a hell of a good watch.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Movies”