The Tiger Files-DVD

Do you know of any good tank related movies or simple decent war movies? Post them here for all of us to enjoy!
43rdRecceReg
Major

The Tiger Files-DVD

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I guess that streaming media and Youtube have helped speed the demise of the DVD, as it's heading in the same direction as Betamax and VHS. Even getting a PC these days with a built-in optical drive is difficult.
Maybe that's why the Tank Museum doesn't appear to list DVDs amongst its online goodies and publications anymore. :think:
However, when I found a few moments to meander around the 'Net, I came across this DVD from the Tank Museum:
The Tiger Files DVD- The Tank Museum
The Tiger Files DVD- The Tank Museum
Tiger Files DVD.jpg (95.75 KiB) Viewed 3057 times
Any Tiger nut (not the edible type) would love this. It gives a detailed account of the way the tank 131 was acquired. It also sports interviews with those who clanked into battle in one, as well as those attempting to shoot 'em up.
Its pros and cons are discussed in depth, and we are also shown how to drive one.The DVD boasts rare footage and photos, and should be a must for 131 fans. Trouble is, like the parts needed to maintain 131, the
DVD in PAL/Region 2 form is almost impossible to obtain. Still, you can watch it on Amazon Prime, I believe. I was lucky to get the disc (and it was nae cheap) on Amazon's Marketplace, however.
If you can find one, do buy it. It's a great watch, and dispels a few myths about the Tiger, and 131. :thumbup:
I noted with interest, a photo of the grave of three of the crew. It was shown without comment. Normally, it's suggested that they escaped, but it looks very much like they were killed. :|
The cover illustrated at the top was how the DVD appeared in the US, I believe.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: The Tiger Files-DVD

Post by silversurfer1947 »

It is listed on the tankchannel.com at £9.99 plus p&p. Whether they have any stock I know not .
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

silversurfer1947 wrote:It is listed on the tankchannel.com at £9.99 plus p&p. Whether they have any stock I know not .
Thanks for that, Richard. I'd not heard of the Tankchannel until you cited here. I'm a tad out of touch, it seems.
Here's a link to the site, for those on the surf:
http://www.thetankchannel.com
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Thanks for the heads up Roy :thumbup:

The internet is a marvellous place, it can tell you the codes for unlocking most, if not all DVD players to all regions ;)
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:Thanks for the heads up Roy :thumbup:

The internet is a marvellous place, it can tell you the codes for unlocking most, if not all DVD players to all regions ;)
Yes, and many of the last generation of players/Blu-Ray players were region free.
I had a software tool once that could rip DVDs, and change the region code...(Mac The Ripper) but doing that was slightly illegal, and I wouldn't want to break the law, would I?. :shh: (1 Copy for study purposes was allowed, I believe)
The problem with US discs isn't so much the region code, but that they're in NTSC format, not UK/Europe PAL format. :thumbdown:
edit-
just corrected a few typos..
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marco Peter
Sergeant

Post by Marco Peter »

I have this disc and did enjoy watching it!
1:16 was my scale. Until 'Konan' came into my life... an Armortek 1:6 Tiger 1!
... Now followed by a Panther G, 'Gunther'!

I'm a happy man. 8)
cashybai
Lance Corporal

Post by cashybai »

just found it listed at here http://www.wideangle.co.uk/shop.htm for £13.99 +p&p
The addictions getting worse... Pantiger, WSN Tiger Mid, WSN T34....And now a Jagdpanther...HELP!!!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

cashybai wrote:just found it listed at here http://www.wideangle.co.uk/shop.htm for £13.99 +p&p
:thumbup:
An interesting, if fairly obscure website. I note that they also offer 'Saving the Tiger'. (note- not a WWF for Nature publication :D )

Return to “Movies”