Patton on film 4

Do you know of any good tank related movies or simple decent war movies? Post them here for all of us to enjoy!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Patton on film 4

Post by Model Builder 4 »

A bit short notice I know but for anyone interested, 'Patton' the 1970 fact based drama is on film 4 plus 1 at 3.30 pm here in the uk, may be a decent watch, I've not seen it before and it was made a few years before I was born :D

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Patton on film 4

Post by jarndice »

Lee The film is a bit like the curates egg, Good in parts.
I shall say no more. You will have your own opinon,
I just wish that the scriptwriters had been allowed to put Patton's feelings about Montgomery into the words he actually used. :haha: :haha:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thanks shaun , I just like to see all the vehicles and armour in military films :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

I recorded it on film 4 Mick so im a bit ahead than the plus 1showing :D just thought I'd let others know to catch the later showing :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Mick I think that after the American Tankers were thrashed at the Kasserine Pass which led to the sacking of the senior American armoured General and Monty's 7th Armoured showing the Green American soldiers what the British and Empire troops had learned over the preceding years about fighting the Africa Corp and then chucking them out of Tunisia could be one reason why George P got Pi**ed off with him. :lolno:
The one thing I have to say about American Soldiers is that having served alongside them they are the most adaptable men in the field I have ever known.
Shaun.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The difference between British Generals and American Generals is WW1,
Monty and his generation were young officers commanding a platoon or a company and watching their men who were barely out of school being put through the meat grinder that was the Western Front,
That was a lesson that British senior officers of WW2 had learned the hard way and were not willing to repeat so they husbanded the valuable resource that was the British Soldier,
American Senior officers were rarely familiar with the Fighting in France and Belgium of WW1 and with an Army of potentially some many millions could perhaps be excused for being rather more gung ho with the abundance of soldiers they had rather than the markedly fewer available British and Empire recruits.
Shaun.

Return to “Movies”