Fury movie

Do you know of any good tank related movies or simple decent war movies? Post them here for all of us to enjoy!
Vanguard
Lance Corporal

Fury movie

Post by Vanguard »

Here's a more realistic way that the action between the German forces and the American would have played out given the way they portrayed the events.
"A sherman can give you a very nice ...edge"
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Fury movie

Post by brizo58 »

Hi,
Well that seems more realistic. That would have shortened the film a bit :haha:. Brian...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

The logs on the side(which are very 88-HV proof) seem smaller than I remember them in the film............!!
Yes, probably the outcome.
The Tiger was also capable of turning within its length, so not necessarily required to chase Fury with its turret.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

Indeed.

Another scenario:

The Tiger would have stayed exactly where it was and killed all 4 Shermans at long range with the 88.
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
Vanguard
Lance Corporal

Post by Vanguard »

Yes I agree, Tiger would have sat there taken the lead sherman out then the rear one then those in the middle. All while staying at the edge of the tree line incase allied aircraft were about :).
"A sherman can give you a very nice ...edge"
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Lead Sherman............any others it could, then disengage.
Or, emerge from smoke, stop, traverse & fire without moving.

Or...............it sat there long enough to be hammered by 'Jabo's" or flanked & taken another way...........
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Or while the Tiger was concentrating on the Sherman to its front another Sherman was firing into the engine and tracks of the Tiger as per the Manual.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

You are not the only one, it took me ages to get around to seeing it, and when I did...ohhhh...was that it?
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
I saw it in the theater when it first came out because 'TANKS'. I distinctly remember the hair on my arms standing up when the Tiger started it's engine. ( saw it in a movie house with a top drawer sound system, reclining power seats and food delivered to you at your chair ) I really enjoyed everything about the tanks and the rest of the movie featured good performances by the actors some 70 years removed from what it really was like. Apologies to any I have offended. When a British tank movie comes out with 'TANKS', you can bet your bottom shilling that I will be there in a theater to see it also. ( and own the 4K version like 'Fury', naturally ;o) ( On that note, I picked up 'Dunkirk last week and plan to sit down and watch it this coming weekend. ;o) No spoilers please. *chuckles*
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
frankie
Staff Sergeant

Post by frankie »

...to quote another movie...”it’s a mother beautiful tank...”
remember...it's just a plastic tank... :/

Return to “Movies”