Brad Pitt film "Fury"

Do you know of any good tank related movies or simple decent war movies? Post them here for all of us to enjoy!
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Brad Pitt film "Fury"

Post by Tiggr »

It's surprising that this film hasn't been discussed thoroughly on this forum.
(A search produces 8 results)

Anyway, the battle scene with the Tiger 1.......

This is what would have happened:
The tiger concealed for the ambush would have taken out the lead tank first in the column of 4 Shermans
(That's Brad Pitts tank)
Then the tiger would have taken out the tank at the rear of the column to make it more difficult for the other 2 Sherman's to manoeuvre.
Then the other two tanks would have been picked off from where the tiger was concealed. Job done.

But then the film's story is destroyed. 8O
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
Cruciblesteel
Recruit

Re: Brad Pitt film "Fury"

Post by Cruciblesteel »

Or they spotted the tiger and legged it , called in some air support/ artillery , it's a crazy film they use phosphorus shells against it? I read this was a tactic
DRC
Lance Corporal

Post by DRC »

And just how long did those German granades take to go off. Wardaddy had time not only to write his war diaries but edit the film script......
Hold on. It can't be.....

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Or how about ONE LONE landmine in the middle of the intersection in German control territory. Or the fact that the German reinforcements were marching straight toward said landmine with no way of knowing about it. So even if Fury hadn't been there the first few lines of Germans would have been blown up by a German mine?
REDICULOUS! Who would have put ONE landmine in the center of the intersection? BS!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

HOLLYWOOD!! Need I say more? Enjoy the special effects and the awesome shots of the greatest tanks we have, but don't expect accuracy or a true historical account.

One of the best phrases ever ... It is what it is. :)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Del
Corporal

Post by Del »

Max-U52 wrote:HOLLYWOOD!! Need I say more? Enjoy the special effects and the awesome shots of the greatest tanks we have, but don't expect accuracy or a true historical account.

One of the best phrases ever ... It is what it is. :)
Spot on max,it's just a film for entertainment so doesn't need analizing.it would be a different story if it had been on the history channel.
tao
Staff Sergeant

Post by tao »

All great points..and on the other hand sometimes crazy stuff really happened(s) that would if not for it did occur.. be called impossible!
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tiggr »

Just saying like....

I still enjoyed the film - using a real Tiger as opposed to some pathetic caricature was excellent.
Tiger 1 Early Taigen,
Tiger 1 Mid Torro,
Tiger 1 Late Taigen,
King Tiger Taigen (P)
Jagdtiger Torro
King Tiger (H)
King Tiger Torro (H)
Tiger 1 late Torro
Panther G Taigen
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
I'm with Tiggr. I watched that movie for the tanks and got my money's worth. When the Tiger fired it's engine up I got goosebumps. The shots of the Sherman platoon ( minus 1 ) trundling along the road at dusk really touched me. The firepower on display when they attacked the Pak 40 ambush site was chilling to behold. Infantry are some brave guys. The movie was a world above 'White Tiger' ( even with all of it's excellent armor ) simply because they had a real Tiger not a JS7 (?) with a built on deck and hull.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
frankie
Staff Sergeant

Post by frankie »

Well said guys..great film...I got a lot of stick from the "experts" for liking a historically inaccurate film but at the end of the day it delivers lots of tank action...plus it's got Brad Pitt in it so the wife doesn't mind it being on.... :thumbup: :thumbup:
remember...it's just a plastic tank... :/

Return to “Movies”