Saints & Soldiers: Into the Void - tank movie

Do you know of any good tank related movies or simple decent war movies? Post them here for all of us to enjoy!
bfrank1982
Private

Saints & Soldiers: Into the Void - tank movie

Post by bfrank1982 »

This looks quite nice - and with the Hellcat as a center piece?

https://youtu.be/0hsKRqjZoD8
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Saints & Soldiers: Into the Void - tank movie

Post by ALPHA »

Took a look at the trailer...the tank action looks pretty good...looks like they used some large scale RC for some of the footage too...have to wonder about the Storyline though...seems a bit cerebral

ALPHA
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

It sucks! The basic story is how racist people were back then and how badly the black tankers were treated.

If anyone wants my copy of it just pay the shipping and it's yours.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jackalope wrote:It sucks! The basic story is how racist people were back then and how badly the black tankers were treated.

If anyone wants my copy of it just pay the shipping and it's yours.
OH it was that kind of movie....how would you rate the "political focus" 1 being mild ...5 being a major part of the Movie....I liked "RED TAILS"...There was the racism...but it wasn't "played" up like in some shows

ALPHA
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Gonna have to say a 5. The one character, a ex tanker who is black recognized one of the Hell Cats as "his old tank". As he and another guy are talking enter the racist white current crew member who starts with the name calling and BS. This continues throughout a good bit of the movie and then the commander of the 1 Hell Cat gets injured and the black guy takes over and the racist white guy flips out. "I'm not taking orders from that BOY" and crap like that. Then the black guy and the racist have to rely on each other to survive against what they make out to be the whole German army. But in the end he's still a racist and the black guy is left shaking his head.

The tanks are just a back drop for a movie about racial tensions in the 40's.

Like I said, it sucks! I can't give my copy away!
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jackalope wrote:Gonna have to say a 5. The one character, a ex tanker who is black recognized one of the Hell Cats as "his old tank". As he and another guy are talking enter the racist white current crew member who starts with the name calling and BS. This continues throughout a good bit of the movie and then the commander of the 1 Hell Cat gets injured and the black guy takes over and the racist white guy flips out. "I'm not taking orders from that BOY" and crap like that. Then the black guy and the racist have to rely on each other to survive against what they make out to be the whole German army. But in the end he's still a racist and the black guy is left shaking his head.

The tanks are just a back drop for a movie about racial tensions in the 40's.

Like I said, it sucks! I can't give my copy away!
lol...maybe if you said it was really good you might be able to give it away ...donation is another possibility :D

But yeah...your review says it all....don't think I need to see that flick

ALPHA
greengiant
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by greengiant »

They used 2 real completely rebuilt Hellcats and a couple of built up prop tanks for the PZ3's. The storyline is rather hokey but if you go to the special features of the disc they do a pretty good job of explaining what the Army felt the Hellcats purpose was and why it was never considered to be a tank so it wasn't built as one, Had about as much armor as a halftrack. Was built to move in fast destroy enemy tank and get away fast.
I found the special features more interesting then the movie.

Return to “Movies”