Panzer III in 'Suite Francaise'

Do you know of any good tank related movies or simple decent war movies? Post them here for all of us to enjoy!
tanks_for_the_memory
Sergeant

Panzer III in 'Suite Francaise'

Post by tanks_for_the_memory »

Here's an interesting website for those who build 1:1 scale tanks:

http://panzerfabrik.net/

These guys (in the US I believe) appear to have built a Panzer III from scratch and have a Panzer IV and Luchs in the pipeline.

The Panzer III has appeared in a recent film 'Suite Francaise' which is currently being advertised all over the Underground here in London with posters giving the tank prominent billing. For some reason they built it with five road wheels but are currently correcting it to six. It doesn't appear to be based on a modern chassis...

Still, full marks to the film makers for at least using a half-decent replica.

It does make you wonder how long it will be before we see full-size replicas of rare tanks rather than awful CGI versions.
My Mid-Production Normandy Tiger 1 build thread: http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... =22&t=8350
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Panzer III in 'Suite Francaise'

Post by AlwynTurner »

That's tank modelling taken to the ultimate, and I don't even want to think about the time and cost involved, but what an awesome job! Alwyn
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
billpe
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Panzer III in 'Suite Francaise'

Post by billpe »

It was probably built using an FV432 as a base. Its a very popular and easily bought base for building replica Panzer 3s and Stugs.

Return to “Movies”