tank movies and movies with tanks in them

Do you know of any good tank related movies or simple decent war movies? Post them here for all of us to enjoy!
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: tank movies and movies with tanks in them

Post by ALPHA »

Finally found the documentary that has information on the Chaffee's history in Vietnam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXdeUC8fc5E
the footage shows the historical aspect off and on...so you have to be a little patient :|

ALPHA

ps. Bought FURY from a seller on Ebay three days ago... it came super quick and I finally sat through it ...it's terrible 8O .... :haha: :haha: ...maybe I missed something..
but I couldn't really detect a plot....thought the acting was weak....and the effects lack luster... I would give it one maybe two stars :D
It only got worse...watched it four times more
Enlighten me please.... one land mine..ONE!!!!!...placed in an area that known German SS troops are going to trodden over :haha:
Enlighten me please... How ONE...ONE sniper with either a Mosin or Kar98 and A scope with probably less that 20x magnification...can get good kill shots off at night :haha:
Enlighten me please...How two grenades can go off inside a tank...and War daddy's body is still in tact :wtf:
and last but not least...who stole the spare bogie ............ :haha:
Band of Brothers kicks Fury's butt

JAMES GARNER'S MOVIE...title = TANK
Another so so flick...Maybe it's not the movie...but the tank in it ImageImageImage

Got a Treat for everyone...as I had one myself...forgot all about this movie ..must have seen it over a dozen times
HUMPHREY BOGART........The Movie...SAHARA

Later re done with James Belushi
I guess they ran short of Lees ...as the upper turret is missing the secondary cupola Image

also Sahara with Mathew Mcconaughey

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade with Harrison Ford
Last edited by ALPHA on Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:52 pm, edited 10 times in total.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

B_Man,
That's very cool information about the film. Greengiant, I was sure that I had read that US forces in Vietnam were resupplied with the M48 after making good use of the M47 early in the conflict. I know that the M13 was heavily used for convoy protection and that the aluminum armor had to be beefed up due to heavy use of mines by the Viet Cong.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
B_Man
Corporal

Post by B_Man »

billpe wrote:In the movie Jarhead the Abrams in that film are fakes. Bet you can't guess without a Google search which tanks were made to look like them.
Where they ex-Australian Army Centurions by any chance? I think I read somewhere the US Army had some issues with the storyline of "Courage Under Fire" and wouldn't co-operate with the producers or lend them any tanks for the opening scene. With no other source for Abrams they bought some old Centurions from Oz and built Abrams exterior shells on them. I'm pretty sure I have seen then in a few movies and TV shows since, the first season of The Walking Dead springs to mind.
tanker 242
Corporal

Post by tanker 242 »

hi guys heres one for you A BRIDGE TO FAR, pleanty of shermans includeing a firefly ,but the german tigers turned into lepard tanks the armoured cars where ok though . tanker 242.
tankmad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by tankmad »

The controversial movie the Interview has a T55 in it as for real tank movies Fury is the best and I have a soft spot for Kellys heroes even though its not a real tiger tank.
Stevie
edpanzer

Post by edpanzer »

There was a film I remember from my youth with James garner driving around avoiding the authorities in a Sherman can't remember the title though.
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
billpe

Post by billpe »

B_Man wrote:
billpe wrote:In the movie Jarhead the Abrams in that film are fakes. Bet you can't guess without a Google search which tanks were made to look like them.
Where they ex-Australian Army Centurions by any chance? I think I read somewhere the US Army had some issues with the storyline of "Courage Under Fire" and wouldn't co-operate with the producers or lend them any tanks for the opening scene. With no other source for Abrams they bought some old Centurions from Oz and built Abrams exterior shells on them. I'm pretty sure I have seen then in a few movies and TV shows since, the first season of The Walking Dead springs to mind.
Close - Chieftains.
Lord Haw-Haw
Private

Post by Lord Haw-Haw »

Storming Juno
...DD Sherman crew.
Pretty good docudrama :thumbup:
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Ed,
The movie you are looking for is called 'Tank' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAbkNu_rF50 I really enjoyed it, nothing like mean rednecks getting run around by a Sherman.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
edpanzer

Post by edpanzer »

Thanks for that painless
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6