White Tiger

Do you know of any good tank related movies or simple decent war movies? Post them here for all of us to enjoy!
gustavholz
Recruit

Re: White Tiger

Post by gustavholz »

Its a shame the replica wasn't ready in time, nevertheless I enjoyed the film.
Its available in full on Youtube with English subtitles.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I only saw this recently as well.
Tiger aside (its not easy to whip up a tiger 1 ) it was great. No real explanation offered for the White Tiger driving into a swamp, then reappearing, and the driver then doing the "David Copperfield" in his tank at the very end lost me a lot.
But the over all use of armour and the effort to put it all together was S-t hot.

Between Private Ryan and the drivers vision port open to a Thompson SMG, and the White Tiger that can swim in a swamp, these things STILL, after all these years, carry the stigma and legendary fame that we can only imagine must have been terrifying to any of its enemies.

1400 Tigers - 50 thousand Shermans, and the ocean of T-series...................luckily. :eh:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Morning.
Finally found a copy of this film and am looking forward to viewing it this weekend. The Tiger on the cover looks like a KV with the expected sheet metal mods and turret (along the lines of the ones in Kelly's Heroes where I believe that t-34's were used). The real treat will be seeing all of the authentic Soviet Great Patriotic War armor in use. The storyline is intriguing as well. A single Tiger tank used as an antagonist for an entire film. *rubs hands together* ;o)
Regards,
Painless
Glad to see you back in circulation, Painless, and trust that the new tank range is coming on well. Maybe you'll have room enough now for your own replica 1/1 Tiger 1 :D The one in this Russian video looks pretty good to me, for a backstreet garage job. Not sure whether this has been booked for film work, but looks the part:
phpBB [video]

..and I've just ordered the movie from Amazon, for a spot of critic's 'rubbernecking'..and fun.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning, 43rd,
Main system is not back up yet due to Delivery idiocy from a major U.S. furniture house (no new desks) and we are just sitting down to meetings with the firm that will be building our new house. On the positive side, the Office is livable for the time being and I am clearing out the room that will be my tank 'shop' so the fun is winding up to a fresh start. ;o). You should enjoy 'White Tiger' once you look past the cobbled together antagonist machine to see and enjoy all of the authentic armor used.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Just watched this, its on You Tube. Quite an interesting movie, the Russians are good at the subtle horrors of war thing, and this is no exception. The 'Tiger' isn't so much a Tiger as a representation of war itself. I won't spoil the ending for anyone, but it is unexpected, and very philosophical.

phpBB [video]
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Captain Hilts
Lance Corporal

Post by Captain Hilts »

pretty dull in IMO ,crap Tiger . 'Battle for Moscow' aka 'Panfilov's 28'... much better,
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

White Tiger is back on YouTube :thumbup:

Watch "FULL MOVIE | White Tiger | WAR MOVIE | 2012, by Karen Shakhnazarov)" on YouTube
phpBB [video]
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

This time is on official Mosfilm channel. Some great Soviet movies they have there like 5 part epic "Liberation" with fantastic battle scenes.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I agree Mr Kaczor, Liberation is a very good series.
Ive followed all the good Soviet films on U-toobe recently, there are a huge amount but sadly not all are subtitled.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Kaczor wrote:This time is on official Mosfilm channel. Some great Soviet movies they have there like 5 part epic "Liberation" with fantastic battle scenes.
Good tip, I'll be sure to check the channel out. :thumbup: I'm a big fan of Russian movies (Soviet and current). Lately, though, I've found that the Finns have created some of the best WW2 flicks.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “Movies”