1/18º Type 92 Chinese APC

Armoured cars, the link between tanks and civilian cars, post your static models here!
tenerifecrimson
Recruit

1/18º Type 92 Chinese APC

Post by tenerifecrimson »

Here is a static model that I've found interesting as "partner" for the T-55, the futur HL Type 99 or also to give a Russian touch to your diorama The scale is about 1/18º-1/17º it's a part of the World Peacekeeper line. I have repainted this one and added some details for a "real life look".

The model is 145 mm large / 380 mm long and a height of 165 mm

On the turret you have a 25 mm gun and a 7.62 MG.

Here is the turret with the gun and the MG :

I am studying the possibility to transform it as a R/C version.
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Re: 1/18º Type 92 Chinese APC

Post by Dietrich »

Hi tenerifecrimson,
Its certainly an interesting idea. :thumbup: The R/C should be very interesting using Heng Long electronics.
The problems will be ..
Linking the gearboxes to the smaller metal bars that are probably used as axles....you might be able to 'overdrill' one wheel per side and fit the usual tank gearboxes....BUT...the major problem with that is that it will have only 2 wheel drive, where as the actual vehicle probably has 6 wheel drive.
I also suspect that the actual vehicle can 'Turn' the front wheels to steer...so that would be another problem to overcome.
A happy medium would be the 4 rear wheels driven with the front wheels steering, unfortunately I think that this is going to be a challenge....and you get to sand off the moulded on tools..I HATE that when the manufacturers do it.
Alb.
Never Forget......
   The Propaganda of the Victors....... becomes the History of the Vanquished
tenerifecrimson
Recruit

Post by tenerifecrimson »

Absoluttly, I have plan to make it 6WD with 2 diffs and using the parts from a small 4wd r/c vehicle abd I have to cut a litle the hull on the front section to allow it to move correctlly
lliw180
Lance Corporal

Post by lliw180 »

the simpels way to mod it to rc would be with tamiya education gearboxes
scratch building is more fun

Return to “Armoured Cars”