Dingo Scout Car

Armoured cars, the link between tanks and civilian cars, post your static models here!
Barrel808
Recruit

Re: Dingo Scout Car

Post by Barrel808 »

lmcq11 wrote:Looks to be hand made, unique and likely quite old. First, I suggest you look at the Dingo specs and dimensions on Wikipedia and then try to compare with your model to determine the exact scale.
Underneath the Dingo there is a date 1-9-96 ...
Barrel808
Recruit

Post by Barrel808 »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:This is rather cool :thumbup:

Going on the length, it's 1/7.4th scale, going on the height, it's 1/7.5th scale.

Taking your average scale at 1/7.45, a 6 foot (183cm) figure in 1/8th scale is 9 inches (23cm), around 5 foot 7 inches (170cm) in your scale. Sadly figures in this scale aren't readily available.

There are however British modern HM armed forces figures in 1/7th scale, 10 inches tall. Italy also used to sell the same sized figures under a different name. Sadly their weapons are modern. They would come out at 6 foot 2.5 inches (189cm) tall in your scale.

As for correct scale weapons, many 3D printers, even those on shapeways are willing to re-scale their products. It may be worth contacting a few that have the files of the weapons you require.
thanks for the suggestions !
Barrel808
Recruit

Post by Barrel808 »

So I tried to find the right color paint (humbrol) to restore the damaged parts, but unfortunate 3 colors won't match.
What should I try next ? Mix different colors ?

Return to “Armoured Cars”