1936 leFH 18 10.5cm Towed Artillery

Any other static RC models that don't fit into the above category go here!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: 1936 leFH 18 10.5cm Towed Artillery

Post by PainlessWolf »

Gary!
I'm a Geologist by training. I can certainly dig it. ;o) Trora, thank you for the look in. This kit came from Sassgrunt. A refugee from his vast collection. ;o) It was destined to be a display piece for my tank village. Now, it can be towed into place.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

For info, I found it on eBay several years ago. I was actually searching for the Pak 40 by the same company but could only find this one. Bought it as an if-needed build, but never found the need, (and, judging by the injuries it is causing Painless, I'm glad I never did)!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

PainlessWolf wrote:Gary!
I'm a Geologist by training. I can certainly dig it. ;o) Trora, thank you for the look in. This kit came from Sassgrunt. A refugee from his vast collection. ;o) It was destined to be a display piece for my tank village. Now, it can be towed into place.
regards,
Painless
AAAahhhhhhhh!!..............an oilfield "rock-knocker"
Could be worse..............a "mud doctor" 8O

Great job on what seems to be a pest of a kit to get right ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good evening, Gents!
Everything that came before was as nothing to the work required to assembled the basic gun and cradle. Everything hollow and that required a tight fit for the gun to sit straight on the recoil rails and to elevate for that matter was a solid block of resin. I'm going to need some new blades for the Tamiya saw. The rails were crooked but some hot water straightened them out. Once the resin blocks were removed from the rails tho, the rails broke at a couple of thin spots in the center. Some brass stiffener cut out and glued into place took care of that repair. :o) Normally, I would drill and pin but the rails really were too thin for even that. In the end, I got everything cobbled together for Step 9. Just a few more (hopefully ) simpler steps to go and I can primer. Sass, you have always challenged me to be a better modeler. Keep it up, My Friend. ;o) Pics: ( Click to Enlarge )
regards,
Painless

P.S. Herman! I got into Geology for the Paleontology aspect of it. Finally got my certificate a few years ago and am an 'Amateur' Vertebrae Paleontologist. Whoot!
Attachments
Ready for the next Step....jpg
Ready for the next Step....jpg
Is intricate.....jpg
Is intricate.....jpg
Basic gun mounted.  Another step to follow.jpg
Basic gun mounted. Another step to follow.jpg
Such was not the case....jpg
Such was not the case....jpg
Step 9 looked deceptively simple....jpg
Step 9 looked deceptively simple....jpg
...Here for the Dawn...
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

So you're a chiropractor, but for skeletons Painless?

Looks good!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning, Pershing Lover!
Thanks for looking in. I'm ready to finish this one up and get out the primer. ;o)
regards,
Painless

PS: A Dinosaur Chiropractor, I like that. ;o)
...Here for the Dawn...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I read your comment and laughed out loud, She who must be obeyed asked what I was laughing at. When I told her she said "Arn't all you old codgers on that Forum Dinosaurs"? :'(
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

That's great!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon, Gentlemen,
We must all be 'Artful' Codgers since our Better Halves keep providing us with the (oftentimes expensive) Objects of our Hobby. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

As an amateur Paleontologist, this story might get you.
I was transiting through Roy Rodgers Airport in Oklahoma some years back, there was the usual delay at the screening booths.
I had several hydraulic control valves in my bag, which created some consternation as I tried to get through.
As I was delayed, another fuss began at the screening station next to me.
The traveler at its centre was very vocal and animated, informing loudly that he had an object of historic importance that needed to be handled with utmost care.
I was next to the guy, and a heavy wooden box when it was opened.
This joker had been 'rock-knocking' in(im not sure but I will say Montana) some place, and unearthed what he declared was a fosilised baby Veloci-raptor emerging out of an egg........................
I saw this thing & it looked to me like it was a prop out of Aliens, and the guy was by then hysterical, and begging the crowd & officials to give the object space & for God sake not to damage it, as he was going to the Smithsonian to hand it over.
It gets funnier.............one of the young security guys then announces to (we will call her Joan) one of his security colleagues after this thing was identified by its panicked owner " you would have been around when these things were running wild eh Joan" .............and she went right off the old bird :{ ............
Now if this object was indeed what he said it was, & I have no reason nor qualification to dispute it, then I was truly in the presence of a marvel of the prehistoric world.
All because this guy was a rock-knocker ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Other Military Non-RC Models”