German field kitchen

Any other static RC models that don't fit into the above category go here!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: German field kitchen

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Thanks Will the dog :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Great thread, this one. I got more than a few laughs out of it. Those horses are just too much. 8)

As for the smoker, if you just use the smoke box and stick a micro fan on the side it gets much, much smaller. One of the guys here (can't remember who) did that to make a compact smoker and he had good results. Maybe he (whomever he may be) will see this and chime in with some photos of his good work. I'm so impressed with this build that I volunteer to have a go at a micro smoker if you'd like me to, Lee. It would cost a bunch to ship it, but maybe I could make a video of whatever I come up with and you can duplicate it over there. Kinda like emailing an STL file! :haha:

When I first saw the very first photo posted, my very first thought was, wow, now that's good work, and my second was, and if he makes it RC he'll be a true RC God! I wonder if Lorenzo Jalbert could do it? He's my hero. 8) :D

The foodstuffs are phenomenal, Lee. Great job. That turnip is just great, as are the cabbage and all the rest. Do you think you could make wine or beer bottles? Maybe for a Sherman one of those old hillbilly whiskey jugs?

Those great food items would make for a great video tutorial on making them Lee, are you up for something like that? I'd like to have a go at something like that but I wouldn't know where to start. I have some brand new Squadron putty, think that would work or should I order some milliput?

Again, Lee, I'm very impressed, as I always am with your work. Definitely keep it up. :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

With a it of careful redesign internally I think you could build a smoker internal, then be able to remove the wick through the soup pot lid of something.

The lumber internally is big enough for a 2s lipo, so with small cables could be done.

I just not got round to it as yet.

I will do one when I do 1/6 version. Got alot of builds lines up and still not sorted my cad and pc situation yet as I feeling a but poor after Christmas still!
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Thank you very much Max for your comments I really appreciate it and is praise indeed sir :D a micro smoker would be great if one could be made up and I'm sure would come in very handy for a good few applications, I would be very interested to see how it could be done. As for the food stuff I use milliput or greenstuff putty to make the pieces themselves and then I used scenic materials that I have left over from my static modeling days such as the stem leaves and roots. I have watched many of your great videos Gary and they have helped immensely with some of my own projects but I don't foresee myself undertaking a similar video tutorial as I'm a bit camera shy and with a strong South Wales accent I doubt you could understand me anyway :haha: I'd be glad to help out with any tips or advice if you wish though :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Last edited by Model Builder 4 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

A 1/6 version would be awesome Will, you could do miniature bbq's on it at the size it would be :haha: :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

I think it was me the one showing those smoke machines with a fan. I documented the process at my website.

I am with the phone and I cannot copypaste the link here, but it is in the tutorials-tips section, under the "smoke generators" name. Hope it helps
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
PershingLover
Corporal

Post by PershingLover »

That looks great! It's always interesting to see some of the things that kept tanks and their crews running.

I have always found it interesting how the military who built the King Tiger mainly relied on horses to move equipment.

Return to “Other Military Non-RC Models”