A Tracked Front End Loader Just For Fun

Any other static RC models that don't fit into the above category go here!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

A Tracked Front End Loader Just For Fun

Post by PainlessWolf »

I had gotten this 1/16 scale RC Bulldozer few weeks back and it works well enough even out in the Rough. So, it needs a little detailing. I started off today with a Pin Wash. I will throw in updates between other Builds as I find things for it ( like a working set of tracks ) and some proper markings. Needs some paint and fiddling with as well as a stronger battery. Powdered graphite for all moving parts works a treat. Pics: ( Click to Enlarge )
Attachments
Closeup of the side...this thing is mostly metal and does a good job in outside running...could use better tracks...
Closeup of the side...this thing is mostly metal and does a good job in outside running...could use better tracks...
More pinwashing
More pinwashing
A little grease up front
A little grease up front
Still some paintwork and markings to do but much better looking already...
Still some paintwork and markings to do but much better looking already...
Last edited by PainlessWolf on Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
...Here for the Dawn...
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: A Tracked Front End Loader Just For Fun

Post by Max-U52 »

Very cool, Painless. Hope you put this one on the list for future video. Is that vintage or available today, and if available, where can a guy score one? 8)
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Gary!
Good evening. I have had this thing in the closet with other kits and toys for about a year. They are still available and cost about 20.00 bucks more than I paid so not bad. Thankfully, the flashing lights don't work on mine so if I ever open it up, I will take that wiring and add headlights or a lightbar. This is definitely on the 'toy' side of the RC Equation. At the time, I really wanted an RC tracked bulldozer but there was literally nothing between 59.99 and 800 - 1000.00 ( which is where the actual hydraulic\electric Cat dozers built up off of Bruder models, etc. reside ) I got the Mate a super nice, tracked shovel Excavator for 169.00 made by Huina. Nothing like that for Bulldozers tho'. If you ever get into laborious 3D stuff, I will definitely hit you up for track links for all of my rubber tracked wonders like this Loader. ( and the Stuart too if you want a challenge )
Here is a link to one of these on EBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-new-RC-Tr ... dozer.TRS0

Here is a link to the nice stuff: http://www.magomhrc.com/en/18-cat-963-b ... conversion

Here is a link to nice, middle of the road stuff ( No Bulldozers ) : https://www.hobbytron.com/HobbyEnginePr ... hicle.html#

P.S. A quick video from a few weeks ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Hb-ok5Rog

P.P.S. Scale is listed as 1/12 but it is definitely 1/15 - 1/16

regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

That is a very nice looking loader for the money Mr Painless :clap:
Tanks alot.... :wave:
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I've often wondered about buying a cheap chinese bulldozer/excavator and plundering it for parts to use in an armoured recovery vehicle?
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

These are cheap, but at the money you cannot complain. They could make a great base for other or detailed build
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Will!
I agree. I like the metal buckets and things that you can get for them.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Other Military Non-RC Models”