Morris C8 Quad Scratchbuild 1/10 scale

Any other static RC models that don't fit into the above category go here!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Morris C8 Quad Scratchbuild 1/10 scale

Post by Max-U52 »

Great work, Alwyn, but please don't say "clogged nozzle". I'm afraid my printer will hear you and decide to follow suit. 8O
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Yes, I think the changing from pla to tpu and back caused the issue. The solution I have opted for is a pack of 20 .4mm nozzles for £7 from Amazon delivered next day (Prime) so when it clogs, just change it. No joke I spent 2 hours constantly cleaning nozzles and silicone tube until finally I changed the nozzle - hey presto problem solved and lesson learned.

Onward and upward.

Alwyn :thumbup: :wave:
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Glad you learned that one, Alwyn, as it is definitely much easier to just change to a new nozzle. I always make sure things are up to temp when I do that, too.

Also, I've found that when printing TPU I get better results with a .6 mm nozzle, again, available cheap on ebay.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Some progress on the gun and limber

Fitted the recoil spring to the gun

Finished the build on the limber and slapped a coat of paint on it

The rig is pretty big together

I'm waiting for some threaded rod so I can assemble the turntable and fit it to the gun.

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
Wildboar44
Corporal

Post by Wildboar44 »

Simply superb Mr T. Very creative work on such a classic Gun :thumbup:
Yesterday is our history, Tomorrow is an eternal mistery, Today is a gift, its why its called "The Present".
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

I made some good progress today, detailed the gun breech and breach block, and finished the gun platform mounting so it can either be down for firing or up for transport - very fiddly 8O :crazy: but it worked out ok. :thumbup:

I'm taking it to the scout hut for a run around on Sunday, must remember the super glue for when bits fall off. :crazy: 8O :D

wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Yes, I think the changing from pla to tpu and back caused the issue. The solution I have opted for is a pack of 20 .4mm nozzles for £7 from Amazon delivered next day (Prime) so when it clogs, just change it. No joke I spent 2 hours constantly cleaning nozzles and silicone tube until finally I changed the nozzle - hey presto problem solved and lesson learned.
I had the same problem last week, bought a new reel of filament and couldn't print a damned thing, just the base layer. I ordered new PTFE tube, new connectors, 30 new nozzles...and then noticed that the hotend cooling fan wasn't working, so I ordered a new fan as well.

I took the shroud off so that I could fit the new fan when it arrived, and one of the damned wires was hanging off!. I soldered it back on and it was all working perfectly again, so I now have a box full of new parts that I didn't need to buy... :crazy:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

3d printers are amazing and they work and work flawlessly, and then.... they malfunction! :wtf: 8O :crazy: Still it beats chopping and glueing tiny pieces of styrene any day. I honestly wouldn't be without mine, it makes really complex constructions such a joy when they are finished. You just have to look at the bits I created for the breach block, tiny and complex and printed perfectly. They took all of 40 minutes to design and first time print - simples!

wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I agree, my other hobby is rock crawlers and scale trucks, I have saved myself a fortune designing parts, many of them aren't available as no one makes them. It would be impossible to make them out of styrene. :clap:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Von Mooflesaaa
Corporal

Post by Von Mooflesaaa »

This is such an impressive build, really loved watching it. I agree about the printer, I really need to save up and get one as you mentioned chopping endless bits of plastic can be somewhat of a chore.
Taigen Metal Tiger
Taigen Metal Panzer IV

Return to “Other Military Non-RC Models”