Morris C8 Quad Scratchbuild 1/10 scale

Any other static RC models that don't fit into the above category go here!
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Morris C8 Quad Scratchbuild 1/10 scale

Post by AlwynTurner »

Things are going slowly because I want to make the gun slew and elevate fully functional, so the slewable portion of the gun mount is now done.

The slewable mount is now done but needs a bit of tidying up (rivets etc)

Not much going to happen now until I get back in June
Cheers :thumbup: :wave: Alwyn
Last edited by AlwynTurner on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

What dia are the tyres on the model if they are 85mm outside dia these wheels should be a good choice http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Vintage-LE ... SwmmxW2y6L

you can shape them by spinning them in a drill and sanding them.I use them on my Dragon wagon

regards pete
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I never cease to be amazed by your work, and what you can do with styrene, can't wait for you to get back and complete this set up!

Rob
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Is this finished, as I would love to see the gun, quad and limber all linked up? Hopefully you can get it all in one photo.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi Silversurfer, the build is about to restart.

Here's where it's up to

:thumbup: :wave: Alwyn
Last edited by AlwynTurner on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Waiting with huge anticipation. I have fond memories of my old Dinky Toy version.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Thats weird, I have no idea why, but this build popped into my head today, glad to see that work will be progressing. :thumbup:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Some progress with the gun. The gun cradle is started and mounted to the carriage, and with a bit of help from some Lego technics bits the gun elevate rack and cog is on and working. Just have to create the worm drive box which unfortunately will be slightly out of scale thanks to the aforesaid technics bits but it shouldn't look too bad.

This photo was really useful for getting some of the cradle and elevate mechanism detail
Next comes the worm drive box and then on with the barrel mounting.
Last edited by AlwynTurner on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

The gun alone is a masterpiece, excellent use of Lego parts, they don't look out of place at all.

Sent from my padded cell using Tapachatalot
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Progress on the gun cradle. The worm gear elevation is installed and working although a bit larger than I would have liked. The gun mount is in progress and lots of work to do there. I've worked out how to do the recoil spring and located a spring that should do the job so moving along nicely.

Moving on with the barrel mounts.
Last edited by AlwynTurner on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Other Military Non-RC Models”