Pak 40

Any other static RC models that don't fit into the above category go here!
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Pak 40

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
Thanks, my friend! I spend time and actually look for new kit for the Diorama sets now. Golden Age of Modeling stuff. Perfect for us big kids, no subliminals needed. ;o)
Regards,
Painless
The Jig is up eh Painless...definitely no Sublime Suggestions for sure...you are modelling the "BATTLES OF LAFAYETTE POOL " :D

Carpe Diem Painless :thumbup:

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Another 'Big Box O' Largess' showed up last night. It arrived from two very nice gentlemen stranded on a volcanic isle in the Pacific so I took lunch to carefully look through it. Thank you both very x 10 much! I will have to practice an old skillset and learn a new one. Pictures:

P.S.: Thank you, Sass and Alpha. I would not have anywhere near the fun that I do with this Hobby if were not for you two.
Attachments
Canvas top, working lights, rubber tires, a complete paint job.  Another cool project ahead.
Canvas top, working lights, rubber tires, a complete paint job. Another cool project ahead.
A thing greatly desired.  A big German truck!
A thing greatly desired. A big German truck!
A Beauty who will provide great service in the cause of scale RC Tanking
A Beauty who will provide great service in the cause of scale RC Tanking
Wow!  A mysterious someone wants me to set aside brushes and learn how to paint differently.  Research Ahead!
Wow! A mysterious someone wants me to set aside brushes and learn how to paint differently. Research Ahead!
The last 1-6 solid road wheel for the Stuart
The last 1-6 solid road wheel for the Stuart
A sweet 1-18 scale Jeep and a Tanker returning from Leave.
A sweet 1-18 scale Jeep and a Tanker returning from Leave.
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

A BIG BOX???????? What no Nightvision Painless??????????????? :haha: :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
Be good now. No getting Herman on my case again. I noted while searching for new Notek lights today that RCTANK.de also has the Night Fighter gear there. I'm stopping by a Hobby warehouse of sorts tonight after the gym and will be looking for hoses and kit for the VL ;o)
with all regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
Be good now. No getting Herman on my case again.
Apologies Painless...couldn't help myself :{
I noted while searching for new Notek lights today that RCTANK.de also has the Night Fighter gear there. I'm stopping by a Hobby warehouse of sorts tonight after the gym and will be looking for hoses and kit for the VL ;o)
with all regards,
Painless
Something went wrong with the other noteks?

VL...Boy you're lucky Painless...one of the best airbrushes I've ever used...very simple ...easy to clean and maintain....strong parts ..most are Stainless even the velocity cone...and it's a dual action :O
My advice...clean after every use...flush after every color....Disassemble the Head assy every cleaning (be careful of the needle)...When re assembling...wind the thumb adjuster till the trigger tilts forward...gently slide the needle back where it belongs..lightly nudging the cone...tighten the knurled locking nuts under the handle...then for storage...wind the trigger adjuster till the trigger is straight up...that way the needle doesn't have and pressure on the velocity cone ;)

Your spray pattern will depend on your trigger pull...Practice lol.. it's also good to have a scrap piece of paper around should it clog while painting...you can clear the clog by either back flushing ...that's extreme...but sometimes needed...or by just pulling and releasing pressure on the trigger forcing the clog out with the needle movement

When looking for a hose...make sure it's compatible with Paasche...some aren't so be careful...an inline filter is also a good feature to have...that combined with a water trap on the compressor will allow you to have troublefree spraying :D

Good Luck Painless :thumbup:

Carpe Diem ;)

ALPHA
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

Glad to see that it got there okay. Wi-fi reception has been spotty on the boat, (too many people trying to use the server, I think). On the Danube crossing into Germany this morning, and looking forward to the WW2 excursion when we get to Nuremburg. -Mike
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Sassgrunt,
Enjoy and take lots of pictures! We'll be here awaiting your tanned, rested and ready return.
with all regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Postman brought some fun today. ;o) I have been looking around for inexpensive DAK figures to crew the Flak 88 and one of those guys came in today from the Far East. I could have brought a bunch of inexpensive clones of this fellow but I like a little facial variety in the diorama guys. I'll kit this fellow up and get him into service tomorrow. Pics:
Attachments
He did have a couple of Sturm auto rifles with him but those are incorrect for service in the Desert.  Proper kit will be rounded up.
He did have a couple of Sturm auto rifles with him but those are incorrect for service in the Desert. Proper kit will be rounded up.
Arrived a little kit bare but I expected that due to the insanely inexpensive price.
Arrived a little kit bare but I expected that due to the insanely inexpensive price.
A long way from a small village in China
A long way from a small village in China
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

8O ..........Can't get over the hair :haha: :haha: :haha:

I feel the need...the need for Crazy Joe :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
Kit will definitely include a proper forage cap or stelhelm! :o) Crazy Joe is still waiting for Mato's M10 to roll out. He is currently drooling on 'Maxene'. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...

Return to “Other Military Non-RC Models”